Windows 10: Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

Discus and support Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ecosafety, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Ecosafety Win User

Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

Hello,

in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809);

We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a popup window, this popup remains hidden behind the main window and so the program becomes unusable because doesn't respond anymore to the click of the user.

In this way the program is totally useless.

By reading some forums, we have already tried to disable the Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp group policy setting on the RD Session Host Server, and then setting to 0 the registry key ForegroundLockTimeout under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

What we can do to make this program working as RemoteApp? Any available workaround?

Thanks in Advance

:)

Ecosafety, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Isirli Win User

Remoteapps on windows 2016 Essentials standalone server

Hi,

Is there a possibility to run RDS remoteapp server on standalone 2016 Essentials server without AD and without buying additional CALs?

Isirli, Jul 2, 2019
  3. azmimnr Win User
    azmimnr, Jul 2, 2019
  4. azmimnr Win User

Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

Windows 2016 Server RDWEB - Office 2016 RemoteApp (access via Windows 10 Pro)

I have a Remote Desktop Host Session setup using Windows 2016 Server and install Office 2016 Standard on to the server. I configured RDWEB on the server for client that are using Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Pro to access all RemoteApp advertised via
    RDWEB.

The issue is that when I launch any Office Application (e.g. Word, Excel, etc), the windows of the app is in maximize state but it is not in full screen where there is a small gap on top and left side of the windows. The windows looks a little bit off and
    I can see the status bar is behind the task bar of the client machine (screenshot).

Other RemoteApp such as Internet Explorer, Paint, and all other 3rd party application works fine and get a full screen without the gap when maximize the application window. The only issue is with all Office 2016 application.

Note that I have tried to fresh installed all the component (Windows 2016 Standard Server, Office 2016 Standard and Windows 10 Pro) to avoid any other probability.

The issue does appear if I'm using the same setup / configuration but with Windows 2012 R2 Server as Remote Desktop Host.

Appreciate some help from the expert here. Thank you. Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on... :)

Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on... 16b1711f-c833-4dd3-a11d-d75e6f3d3520.jpg

azmimnr, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on... - Similar Threads - Popup hidden behind

2. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program: I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I was able to fix this issue on several windows 10 computers by going to RegEdit and changing the value for...
  6. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program: I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I was able to fix this issue on several windows 10 computers by going to RegEdit and changing the value for...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  9. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...: Hello, in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809); We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a popup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remoteapp program pop-up window is hidden in windows 10

2. windows2012 RDP hidden behind main window

3. server 2016 remote dekstop services windows pop ups open behind main window