Windows 10: Popup windows open on primary monitor

Discus and support Popup windows open on primary monitor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm wondering if there has been any work done to try and resolve... I use a dual screen PC and a website... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mjruksheff, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Popup windows open on primary monitor

I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm wondering if there has been any work done to try and resolve...

I use a dual screen PC and a website that brings up a popup window to confirm an action and it always opens the popup on the primary monitor, even though my main Firefox window is open on my second screen. I've tested this on multiple PCs.

This is using Windows 10 (latest updates) with the latest Firefox.

:)

mjruksheff, Jan 28, 2019

2. Edge browser continiously opens on primary monitor and I need it to open (to it's full size) on second monitor!

How oh how do you make this Edge browser open on my second monitor and then remember to open there? This is driving me crazy! It continuously opens on the primary monitor, and then I have to move it to the second monitor and expand the window EVERY
    TIME! Come on Microsoft! Windows 7 did this with no issues...why have you taken such a step backward? This is so frustrating!

JenniferRE, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Popup windows open on primary monitor

How can I make a application open on a specific monitor every time?

Hi,

Selecting a default screen for a certain app or program is currently unavailable. When you open an app, it will open in the primary monitor. What you can do is setting your computer's monitor as the primary display. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I and click System.
    • Under Select and rearrange displays in Display, click
      Identify to see which monitor is currently the primary display.
    • Set your computer's monitor as the primary.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Popup windows open on primary monitor

1. Popup windows open on primary monitor - Similar Threads - Popup open primary

2. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  3. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.: Is there a way to force all applications to open on the primary monitor using a reg key entry or something similar that wouldn't require user interaction?...
  4. Force all applications to open on the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?: Hello. I use two monitors. I always want my internet browser window to open on the primary monitor. I know one solution is to drag the window to the right monitor, close it, and then it will remember that next time. Problem is, I actively use my internet browser on my...
  6. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  7. How to force applications to open on primary monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to force applications to open on primary monitor in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you open a Windows 10 app or program, it opens on the […] This article How to force applications to open on primary monitor in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Icons to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons to primary monitor: I added a monitor to my tv/monitor for a dual screen setup. Windows automatically made the pc monitor the main screen and moved all my icons there. I want the tv as main so I changed it and the icons moved automatically. I decided I didn't like the tv as the main and once...
  9. Open Shell 4.4.131 only works on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Shell 4.4.131 only works on primary monitor: Figured I would move up to Open Shell today, however on my dual monitor setup it only works on the primary monitor and I get the native win10 v1809 start menu on monitor number 2. I'm using Actual Multiple Monitors as well. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm back on Classic...
  10. Why are all open windows forced to primary monitor on monitor power up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why are all open windows forced to primary monitor on monitor power up.: Why has windows 10 started to force all of my open windows onto my primary monitors when I power them up? I have used a two monitor setup for roughly 15 years and only recently have I started seeing this behavior. I have done the following and the issue still persists:...