Windows 10: Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

Discus and support Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am just wondering how to deal with those annoying popups that occur when you are reading an online article. The ones that tell you your Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pejole2165, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

I am just wondering how to deal with those annoying popups that occur when you are reading an online article. The ones that tell you your Windows is damaged and obsolete and play an irritating tone. I know you can close your browser and that those popups are not on your system.
    But...where do they come from and can you block them in some way? I am using Win10 Pro 1903 patched up to date, windows defender with default security settings etc, etc, no Edge addons, but still these popups occur.
    I'm not talking obscure dark web sites, normal sites such as PC Gamer, Toms Hardware and similar. It can make reading online articles a particularly painful process.
    Can any one shed some light?

:)

Pejole2165, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Spadix Win User

Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

Anonymous Poll Popup in Edge Win 10

An "Anonymous Survey" page has hijacked my Edge. I has a Russian dated popup that says I can win a iPhone 7 by completing a survey. I've tried Malwarebytes and other programs but cannot get rid of it. It wil no allow me to proceed in Edge. I have to
    End Task to escape Edge.

Spadix, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

1. Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro) - Similar Threads - Popups Edge Pro

2. Microsoft Edge popup

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge popup: Every so often, I get a popup message on my PC with a Microsoft Edge logo, telling me things like "Pin your favorite sites", with the choices "Pin Now" and "Later". How can I eliminate these popups? If that cannot be done, I would like to remove Microsoft Edge from my system....
  3. What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?

in Browsers and Email
    What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?: I've seen this popup a few times. I wondered what it's about as I've not had any internet connection problems that I'm aware of. It seems to be associated with Facebook (tab in Edge). It appears in the bottom left, unlike most other notifications. I'm using WiFi to connect....
  4. Win 10 and Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 and Win 10 Pro: Will overwriting Win 10 with Win 10 Pro solve my Win 10 missing profile problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-win-10-pro/4bc0fa2a-3eb2-4b73-abad-3889c3fe684c
  5. Win 10 Network popup for new connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Network popup for new connection.: I use a mobile 4G tethered to PC for Network and every time i connect it adds a new number for the network. And asks for Private or Public I fail to see why this is needed as I already have it set to private Is there a way of disabling this popup and stopping the...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Scareware popups with Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scareware popups with Edge: Lately, I've gotten 4 or 5 "scareware" full screen popups with Edge browser. Most ot the time I either close the popup or have to close Edge and they go away. One I had to reboot. Things like your PC is infected, all files are locked, and this morning a notice that Norton...
  8. Win 10 Popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Popup: How do I stop "Manage Optional Features" popping up every time I start after a Windows 10 reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-popup/0fb00882-4093-47ab-b9b0-53458ed5fe1a
  9. Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro)

in Browsers and Email
    Popups in Edge (Win 10 Pro): I am just wondering how to deal with those annoying popups that occur when you are reading an online article. The ones that tell you your Windows is damaged and obsolete and play an irritating tone. I know you can close your browser and that those popups are not on your...
  10. .exe popup on my win 10 comp

in Windows 10 Support
    .exe popup on my win 10 comp: To whom it may concern I'm having thin .exe error popping up on my comp really frequently...... can I get some advice on how to get rid of it? thanks in advance 28520