Windows 10: popups

Discus and support popups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to unblock pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups/313252ad-75a9-4d82-82d8-d6b9fb99205e" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DyaneMannion, Feb 15, 2019.

1. popups

how to unblock pop ups

:)

DyaneMannion, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Feb 15, 2019
  4. blueworld Win User

popups

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

popups

1. popups - Similar Threads - popups

2. Why does a Mouse Pointer HIDE the TOOLTIPS? My TOOLTIPS or POPUP Help Bubbles are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a Mouse Pointer HIDE the TOOLTIPS? My TOOLTIPS or POPUP Help Bubbles are...: Hopefully self explanatory? The 'Mouse Pointer' hides the explanatory tooltip bubble that pops up when you float the pointer over a menu command item, making it unreadable. This problems appears to become worse as the resolution increases. I would have thought a TOOLTIP...
  3. Why does a Mouse Pointer HIDE the TOOLTIPS? My TOOLTIPS or POPUP Help Bubbles are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does a Mouse Pointer HIDE the TOOLTIPS? My TOOLTIPS or POPUP Help Bubbles are...: Hopefully self explanatory? The 'Mouse Pointer' hides the explanatory tooltip bubble that pops up when you float the pointer over a menu command item, making it unreadable. This problems appears to become worse as the resolution increases. I would have thought a TOOLTIP...
  4. How to disable Rewrite with Copilot popup in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Rewrite with Copilot popup in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you might have noticed the Rewrite with Copilot feature. Microsoft Edge displays this popup whenever you select a sentence in a text editor opened in Microsoft Edge. However, when I tried it in Google Docs, it did not work there. With...
  5. Event ID 56 "Application Popup" /// Crashing every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 56 "Application Popup" /// Crashing every game: Hello, I just upgraded my gpu from rx 470 to rx 6700 xt and only after that I get this error which causes games to crash, cpu and gpu temperatures are fine while gaming. PC specs: I5 11400, Gigabyte Z590 vision g, rx 6700 xt, thermaltake toughpower gf3 750w, 16X2 corsair 3200...
  6. Event ID 56 "Application Popup" /// Crashing every game

Event ID 56 "Application Popup" /// Crashing every game: Hello, I just upgraded my gpu from rx 470 to rx 6700 xt and only after that I get this error which causes games to crash, cpu and gpu temperatures are fine while gaming. PC specs: I5 11400, Gigabyte Z590 vision g, rx 6700 xt, thermaltake toughpower gf3 750w, 16X2 corsair 3200...
  7. I got a random pin popup on my personal computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a random pin popup on my personal computer.: While I was fiddling around with my Google account, I forgot to close the "Use your passkey to confirm it’s really you" page and got a random popup on my computer asking me to put in my PIN without pressing the continue button. Should I be concerned that someone is trying to...
  8. I got a random pin popup on my personal computer.

I got a random pin popup on my personal computer.: While I was fiddling around with my Google account, I forgot to close the "Use your passkey to confirm it’s really you" page and got a random popup on my computer asking me to put in my PIN without pressing the continue button. Should I be concerned that someone is trying to...
  9. I have a popup window for MMcAfree telling me my computer is at risk. I can not make this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a popup window for MMcAfree telling me my computer is at risk. I can not make this...: McAfree keeps popoig up telling me I have a serious virus threat and I can not make it go away. I have rand a detailed scan with Norton and everything is fine.However, This pop up will not go away and it is blocking info on my screen...
  10. I have a popup window for MMcAfree telling me my computer is at risk. I can not make this...

I have a popup window for MMcAfree telling me my computer is at risk. I can not make this...: McAfree keeps popoig up telling me I have a serious virus threat and I can not make it go away. I have rand a detailed scan with Norton and everything is fine.However, This pop up will not go away and it is blocking info on my screen...