Windows 10: popups

Discus and support popups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to discontinue continuous popups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups/2f7edf89-1ac5-493f-833a-5951b1dcf1a5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidTye2, Jan 3, 2020.

1. DavidTye2 Win User

popups

how to discontinue continuous popups

:)

DavidTye2, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 3, 2020
  4. blueworld Win User

popups

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

popups

1. popups - Similar Threads - popups

2. Bing popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing popup: Hewwo, my computew *screams* got a popup that asks t-to swap my defuawt seawch enginye t-to bing on chwome. *boops your nose* I meant t-to cwick ^w^ nyo because i hate bing. Nyow evewy bwowsew keeps swapping back t-to bing. How do I stop *looks at you* this...
  3. Bing popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing popup: Hewwo, my computew *screams* got a popup that asks t-to swap my defuawt seawch enginye t-to bing on chwome. *boops your nose* I meant t-to cwick ^w^ nyo because i hate bing. Nyow evewy bwowsew keeps swapping back t-to bing. How do I stop *looks at you* this...
  4. How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?: Hi,One of our technicians in the lab has two monitors lets call them monitor 1 and monitor 2.Also the technician uses two programs program 1 and program 2.The technician wants - program 1 and all it's dialog and popup windows to only appear on monitor 1and - program 2 and all...
  5. How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?

How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?: Hi,One of our technicians in the lab has two monitors lets call them monitor 1 and monitor 2.Also the technician uses two programs program 1 and program 2.The technician wants - program 1 and all it's dialog and popup windows to only appear on monitor 1and - program 2 and all...
  6. How to make popup windows and dialog boxes for specific program appear on specific screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...
  8. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...
  9. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

10. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....