Windows 10: popups

Discus and support popups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am constantly getting ads appearing from the right edge of my screen and it's driving me nuts. How can I get rid of them?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chrissy582, Dec 22, 2020.

1. popups

I am constantly getting ads appearing from the right edge of my screen and it's driving me nuts. How can I get rid of them?

:)

Chrissy582, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Dec 22, 2020
  4. blueworld Win User

popups

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

popups

1. popups - Similar Threads - popups

2. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  3. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  4. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  5. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  6. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  8. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  9. How to disable caps lock popup- Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock popup- Windows 11: Device info:Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 23H2Installed on ‎8/‎22/‎2023OS build 22631.3447Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0Today it seems my Windows 11 machine has updated and started giving me this stupid popup every time I turn on or off caps...
  10. How to disable caps lock popup- Windows 11

How to disable caps lock popup- Windows 11: Device info:Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 23H2Installed on ‎8/‎22/‎2023OS build 22631.3447Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0Today it seems my Windows 11 machine has updated and started giving me this stupid popup every time I turn on or off caps...