Windows 10: Popups

Discus and support Popups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am suddenly receiving constant popups supposedly from antivirus programs telling me that my computer is infected and that I should download/run their... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesGwynn, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Popups

I am suddenly receiving constant popups supposedly from antivirus programs telling me that my computer is infected and that I should download/run their program. I downloaded and ran the Windows Defender Emergency Scan application which while running identified "26 infected files" but when done identified "0" infections.

Is there a popup blocker which I can use to stop this?

Or is this just treating the symptoms, and if so is there something else I can / should do?

Thanks.

:)

JamesGwynn, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Apr 15, 2021
  4. blueworld Win User

Popups

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Popups

1. Popups - Similar Threads - Popups

2. Uninvited Google Maps Icon and popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninvited Google Maps Icon and popup: HP Computer running latest W10 Home V 20H2 Wife opened Google Maps and mapped a trip. Sometime during that session, some kind of print popup showed up and continues to pop up at various times, uninvited. What is this and how do I delete it? The popup Image, below, happens...
  3. How do I disable this popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable this popup: Win 10 Pro See image below. When I shut down/boot several other things, this popup appears, some may find it useful I find it annoying. I still want to carry out the action but not having to confirm it each and every time. 178651
  4. Save as Popup windows very slow to appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save as Popup windows very slow to appear.: Hello and Good day,past few weeks im encountering problem with saving files which can happen in any application in which i try to save for example picture or so, mostly in any browser or discord. Ill click on save as and then application freezes a cant do anything in that app...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.27.29016 Error Popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.27.29016 Error Popup: Hello! I've recently put together a computer and for the past 2-3 days this error has been popping up on my screen. I've read it has something to do with an installer but quite frankly, I'm not trying to install anything purposedly yet it keeps reapearring as if something is...
  6. "disconnect all cameras before proceeding" disk cleanup popup keeps showing up when i go...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "disconnect all cameras before proceeding" disk cleanup popup keeps showing up when i go...: Disk cleanup popup shows up whenever I go afk. when I move my mouse it goes away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disconnect-all-cameras-before-proceeding-disk/53e9fa3e-e589-4c2f-bed0-3d777e1793e2
  7. Windows 10 Clipboard Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Clipboard Popup: How to set windows 10 clipboard Win+V popup position. If possible, I want to set position related to cursor position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-clipboard-popup/f338fb07-3069-4fc1-b756-d75627be123d
  8. How do I stop popups from the user control settings?

How do I stop popups from the user control settings?: How do I stop the user control settings from continuously popping up in many programs ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-popups-from-the-user-control/b72c6c5b-9154-4998-af49-dc6961a29c0d
  9. How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.

How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.: This is a solution when using the latest April, 2021 version of Windows Home 10. If you are bothered by those little popup boxes that appear when you are hovering over a picture or text etc., I've found the solution. Go to control panel, click on "Network and Internet"....
  10. How Do I Hide the Volume Popup in Groove Music? Annoying Af !!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Hide the Volume Popup in Groove Music? Annoying Af !!!: How do I hide the annoying volume popup when I play the app, Groove Music? [img] 177824