Windows 10: Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard

Discus and support Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i try to use the key for ñ in the latin american key board. I only get a capital ñ . if i begin to type the word year that is año . When i press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jhjg, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Jhjg Win User

Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard

When i try to use the key for ñ in the latin american key board. I only get a capital ñ . if i begin to type the word year that is año . When i press the key for the ñ the a disappear and I only get a capital ñ. Is there a way to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance

J. H Fernandez

:)

Jhjg, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Jhjg Win User

When i try to use the key for ñ in the latin american key board. I only get a capital ñ . if i begin to type the word year that is año . When i press the key for the ñ the a disappear and I only get a capital ñ. Is there a way to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance

J. H Fernandez

3. Java.SE Win User
    Latin American Spanish Keyboard fails to write accents on Windows 10

Hi there. Every time I try to use the Latin American Spanish Keyboard I can't write accents in some applications such as web browsers and Microsoft Office, nevertheless it does work for others such as Skype, Telegram, and Notepad.

The problem is that if I type accent key+vocal the result is the vocal without an accent. I can get the accents activated for a few seconds if I type two times the accent key: ´´. Then it fails again.

I have made sure I am using the correct language: ESP-Español Teclado Latinoamérica.

I have downloaded the International Spanish keyboard, Español (España, Internacional), and that one works just fine.

I have downloaded once more the Latin American keyboard but the problem persists.

I have noticed that if I change to a different keyboard and go back to Latin American it works for a few seconds and then it fails again (same as when I type ´´).

I even thought this might be a virus so I ran an antivirus scan and a malware scan but nothing was found. Honestly, this seems to be a bug than anything else. Any hints on how to fix this?

Java.SE, May 25, 2020
  4. Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard

Latin American keyboard no longer has "open question mark" available in text (abc) keyboard

After upgrading to Windows 10 1709 Latin American configuration of on-screen keyboard no longer carries open question mark (¿). The only way to type it is switching to numeric which makes a very cumbersome process typing Spanish text.

Should I switch to another keyboard layout to get that character in main keyboard? How can I raise the issue to Microsoft development?

Also I can get a full keyed on-screen keyboard (very welcomed addition, but more prone to typing errors as key sizes are shrinked) if I choose input "Spanish", but not available for "Latin American". How come Microsoft added that option for 46 million Spaniards
    but left 650 million Latin Americans without it?

Raul.A.Zambrano, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard - Similar Threads - Porblems letter Latin

2. How to remap spanish letter "ñ" to "~"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remap spanish letter "ñ" to "~": I bought a computer with Spanish keyboard layout. However I am Portuguese and we don't use letter "ñ". On the other side, we use "~" char a lot. But in this layout, the "~" char is on ALT GR + 4 which isn't convenient at all. I thought remaping those keys would be easy but...
  3. How to remap spanish letter "ñ" to "~"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remap spanish letter "ñ" to "~": I bought a computer with Spanish keyboard layout. However I am Portuguese and we don't use letter "ñ". On the other side, we use "~" char a lot. But in this layout, the "~" char is on ALT GR + 4 which isn't convenient at all. I thought remaping those keys would be easy but...
  4. How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.: I looked at other forms however, none of them have provided any useful help on how to turn off the Spanish Latin keyboard, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help with my issue. I tried to PowerShell the issue discussed in another form, but it doesn't work. For some...
  5. How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.

How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.: I looked at other forms however, none of them have provided any useful help on how to turn off the Spanish Latin keyboard, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help with my issue. I tried to PowerShell the issue discussed in another form, but it doesn't work. For some...
  6. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  7. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  8. Need help to make a layout for an American keyboard to work as a spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help to make a layout for an American keyboard to work as a spanish keyboard: As the title says i need help to revamp or to make a layout for an american keyboard i just got, i want to make the symbols (< and >) without having to switch the language EVERY TIME, i had been digging to much on the internet but i can't seem to find anything, i always had...
  9. Spanish ñ missing from insert symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spanish ñ missing from insert symbol: Hi The symbol ñ is missing from symbol insert in all of my office applications. It used to be there. Can someone advise if this is a bug? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard: Hello, I´ve just recently decided to change to the Latin american keyboard layout on my computer with an English layout. I downloaded the pack that let me do so, and for the most part, I´ve been able to change the keys to something that makes sense with the new layout....