Windows 10: port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

Discus and support port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Port 25565 is open on the external IP but closed on the internal IP so I can't start a Minecraft server. The server opens when I put in the domain but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WackyLegion, May 29, 2019.

1. port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

Port 25565 is open on the external IP but closed on the internal IP so I can't start a Minecraft server. The server opens when I put in the domain but it doesn't open on other networks. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

WackyLegion, May 29, 2019
  2. xinaiz Win User

Unexpected external IP change and broken port forwarding

Before I asked this question I searched for over 2 weeks over Internet with no success. Normally upon resetting router my external IP is changing, but it has always stayed in 89.xxx.xxx.xxx region (that is for over 2 years). I had some ports forwarded for games for playing with my friends, and everything worked well as far as I remember.

The problem occurred after another casual router reset. At first I didn't realize that something significant changed at all. But then, suddenly none of my friends could connect to my game servers. I checked my external IP online (because I had to give it to my friends), and to my surprise my external IP changed to 176.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Currently my internal IP is 192.168.1.14, and always after resetting the router I update my port forwarding rules so it matches valid internal IP. This time though it doesn't seem to work at all. I tried all kinds of sites that provide port forwarding checks, and all of them returned "Port is closed" or "Connection Time out" for my ports.

Let's use Minecraft Server default port as reference (25565). When I ran port 25565 check at random port forward check site, in this case this one, it of course said Port is Closed, but then I checked my Windows Firewall log files and here are entries for the connections:

Where:

• 192.168.1.14 my internal IP
    • 217.***.***.*** - not sure
    • 89.***.***.*** - my previous IP range (clue???)
    • 104.***.***.*** - the site I used for checking port

To my surprise port 25565 wasn't even listed in the logs in any way.

When I ran command netsh firewall show state I got the following output:

To my understanding this states that port 25565 is not blocked by Windows Firewall.

So, if I (supposedly) forwarded the 25565 port on the router as shown on screen below (port forwarding configuration on my router at 192.168.1.1)

port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip 9c07W.png

and the Windows Firewall isn't blocking the port, then what could be the cause that my ports are closed no matter what?

Has my ISP done something evil that is preventing me from opening ports, or am I missing something obvious? Routers shouldn't do such things by themselves, should they? I'm lost.

-- EDIT --

This is my bridge configuration:

port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip FcB34.png

The DNS addresses match ones from Windows Firewall logfile (89.***.***.*** and 217.***.***.***). For long time my external IP looked like my secondary DNS (89.***.***.***). It this information useful?

xinaiz, May 29, 2019
  3. Vent server IP?

that is windows for yea...

you have to make sure that the vent server software is pointing to your internal IP and knows what your external ip is. then you open up the ports on your router. that is atleast how i did it when setting it up in linux.

Easy Rhino, May 29, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

Help with port forwarding!

Just for clarification: Port forwarding takes a packet that is addressed to your external (public) IP address and forwards if to an internal (private) IP address

First step:

Go to What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More

Your External (public) IP address will be shown at the top of the page.

This is the IP address that other users on the internet will use to connect to you.

Second step:

Find your Internal (private) IP address.

This is the IP address of the Ethernet card in your PC

This IP address MUST be in one of the following ranges to be guarenteed to work:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
    172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
    192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

Third step:

Open up the admin application for your router and look for port forwarding/private servers option.

The screen will have a source port number (tcp and udp) and will also have a destination IP address and port.

Example:

Your PC has a private IP of 192.168.0.2 and your run a game server that uses ports 2345 and 8977

In admin screen source ports will be 2345 and 8977 (an entry for each port will be needed)

Destination will be 192.168.0.2 port 2345 and 192.168.0.2 port 8977

Example screenshot of port forward screen http://www.kumagames.com/img/server setup/server_setup_04.jpg

IggSter, May 29, 2019
Thema:

port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

1. port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip - Similar Threads - port 25565 open

2. Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?: Hello! I want to run my own Minecraft: Bedrock Edition server and if I want to play with my friends on it, I need to do something known as "port forwarding". Port forwarding is where you can direct people who use your external IP address to your internal IP address, without...
  3. Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?: Hello! I want to run my own Minecraft: Bedrock Edition server and if I want to play with my friends on it, I need to do something known as "port forwarding". Port forwarding is where you can direct people who use your external IP address to your internal IP address, without...
  4. IP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IP: Hiis there a way to find out info on a website to see if it's a scam IP etc?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip/b2863eab-1079-41c7-9228-5b1b7b4dabfe
  5. Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...: HiWe have a sudden problem where printers were inactive. I removed all drivers and re added the network printers using IP. When I sent a test page it will spit out error message. I then check the PORTs and i cannot see IP and printer selected WSD. I have to manually added the...
  6. ip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ip: HiIam learning computerwhat is the difference between an IP ADDRESS FIREWALL ADDRESS HOST ADDRESS?are they all the sameThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip/4890152b-0a43-4d39-8aae-ed8cf3b03433
  7. Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers: If I search what is my il on google I get the same answer on my phone and pc, does everyone get the same answer if they are on the same wifi? submitted by /u/ImKimkoli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffsidd/is_my_ip_my_pcs_ip_or_my_routers/
  8. International IPs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    International IPs: I am in italy working but I am not italian. whenever I attempt to log in to microsoft or google or anything the computer immediately logs me in to xxxxx.co.it. Can I stop this as i use my pc a lot and its a real pain that it can remember my passwords, my browsing history, my...
  9. External IP address tracking

External IP address tracking: Unfortunately my external IP address periodically changes. I find it frustrating when it does as I have a few machines and apps where I remotely connect to FTP setup on a hard drive and also remotely access a camera inside the house. When the address changes and I am away...
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open port 25565 windows 10

2. why doesnt port 25565 open but othe ports will open

3. port 25565 not opening

4. 25565 port closed,
  5. port 25565 is closed