Windows 10: Port forwarding not working

Discus and support Port forwarding not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im trying open a port on my computer to allow torrent programs to upload better. problem is I cant seem to get this done. [img] [img] 67774 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LVTHER, Oct 23, 2016.

1. LVTHER Win User

Port forwarding not working

Im trying open a port on my computer to allow torrent programs to upload better. problem is I cant seem to get this done.

Port forwarding not working [​IMG]

:)

LVTHER, Oct 23, 2016

2. Port forwarding not working on portable router

This is a Windows forum. Since your question relates to the configuration of the JioFi 3 router, you need post it on a JioFi forum.

Frederik Long, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Port forwarding not working on portable router

I have a portable router, namely a JioFi 3, currently very common in India. It runs on a Jio 4G LTE sim and is kind of a portable wifi hotspot type thing.

Now I installed tunngle on my PC and it requires me to forward the port 11155 to my PC. Fair enough, the router config page has an option to set up port forwarding and UPnP. Firstly, I enabled UPnP but that
    didn't work with tunngle. So I disabled UPnP and instead, manually forwarded the port to my PC. I did use my internal IP, the port number is correct, the protocol is correct, basically everything is correct. I then saved the settings and the router refreshed.
    That's it.

However, the port still isn't open. Tunngle still can't access the port, I tried checking whether the port was open or not using some port forward software. I tried 2 of them and both reported that the port
    was in fact, closed. I tried opening other ports(1000 on TCP) as well, but that also didn't work.

My router has no option for port triggering or something. I am attaching a screenshot of my current router settings.

Windows Firewall was disabled the entire time.

Yadullah Abidi, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Set it to 54661-54662 it must go to a fix ip often you need to set tcp and udp to different ports check firewalls are letting it through

Samuria, Oct 23, 2016
  5. LVTHER Win User
    Ill try that, also in the firewall should the allowed ports be 54661-54662?
    currently its set as 54661

LVTHER, Oct 23, 2016
  6. LVTHER Win User
    so the ports are open, or these online things can see them. but the torrent clients are still saying not connected.

LVTHER, Oct 23, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Opening ports is not going to make them go faster. It is all up to your Upload and download speeds, along with how many seeds. If you are trying to pull torrents and your ISP equipment or any equipment sees those packets as torrent packets, they can do deep packet inspections and do a soft throttle to keep users from running torrent servers on a residential account.

Also leaving ports open and they do not show up as Stealth. You are opening yourself up for allowing full access into your network.

bro67, Oct 23, 2016
  8. LVTHER Win User

understood..but, I have great upload speeds I was trying to figure out why they wouldn't seed well.

LVTHER, Oct 23, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Again it has nothing to do with your upload speed. It has to do with your ISP and the other end. Depending on the server load of the seeds are coming from, any deep packet inspections, home based servers on say a 1.5mbps Upload, you will have problems. Depending on what Router you are uisng (ie ISP leased to you), it could just be as simple as just finding a better router that has the power to handle all of the seeds.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Port forwarding not working - Similar Threads - Port forwarding working

2. Can't port forwarding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't port forwarding: [ATTACH] Port serviciu = Service port Port intern = Intern port Adresa IP = IP Address Protocol = Protocol Toate = All Stare = Status Activat = On/Activated Modificare = Modify Stergere = Delete I am trying to portforward a server but it doesn't work [ATTACH] I...
  3. Network and Sharing Port Forwarding

Network and Sharing Port Forwarding: I used to be able to port forward by going into file explorer, network, under network infrastructure, my modem/router, then right click and say properties then setting and I could create TCP and UDP protocols or whatever it is. But now when I click on settings, a box that...
  4. How to configure Port Forwarding?

How to configure Port Forwarding?: HI, My router gets different IP addresses. Dynamic DNS is enabled. I have to configure port forwarding in my router. While configuring port forwarding, I need to fill following details: Internal IP Internal Port Remote IP External Port Protocol (TCP/UDP) Please...
  5. Ports not opening even after forwarding

Ports not opening even after forwarding: So this problem I am having trouble figuring out is port forwarding with windows 10. I am trying to port forward for some games on steam and I tried opening the first one, which is 27015. I used port forwarding on the router but even after forwarding, the port is not open and...
  6. Trying To Forward Ports

Trying To Forward Ports: I am not new to port forwarding. I had to deal with it when running a Minecraft server on my PC. However, i am running into a problem with The Forest (for PC) Here are some screenshots of my problem. Basically, i get told that the ports are being used by other configs....
  7. Port Forwarding Security Cam

Port Forwarding Security Cam: i am trying to open up my security camera so that i can view it outside of my network (i am traveling in a couple of weeks and want to watch my cat) Everything works fine within the network i once had to do some port forwarding for Minecraft 3-4 years ago which i was...
  8. Having trouble with port forwarding..

Having trouble with port forwarding..: Thanks @jimbo45 That is what the thread has been all about. We just missed one little thing. OP use xDSL rather than ETH WAN and accidentally the selection was on ETH so the routing got assigned to wrong port/plug. Port forwards were assigned to act on bit-heaven packets...
  9. Port forwarding help

Port forwarding help: How can i make port forwarding? I can't seem to make it. 86212
  10. Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding: I run multiple Minecraft servers on my Windows 10 desktop. Just recently, I rebooted my PC to install updates, and now my servers can no longer communicate even though I have set up my static IP and port forwarded correctly. I have attached an image to prove that everything...