Windows 10: Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

Discus and support Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, im having the same issue since months. It works on my RPI, but not on W10. Port-forwarding is enabled on my router. The required... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GetusRaccdus420, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

Hello everyone,

im having the same issue since months. It works on my RPI, but not on W10. Port-forwarding is enabled on my router. The required firewall rules are created and activated. The only way i can make the port-forwarding work is by disabling the whole firewall. The only Firewall i have installed is the W10 stock one.+

Does anyone else have the issue? Is there any fix for that? Followed a few fixes on the web, yet they did nothing.

submitted by /u/GetusRaccdus420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GetusRaccdus420, Feb 5, 2021

2. Need help, port forwarding not working

I can think of several potential causes:

• Your server's firewall blocks the packets. I would temporarily turn it off.
    • The port forwarding rule uses an incorrect IP address or port number.
    • Port forwarding is not activated in your Zyxel router.
    In the unlikely case of you being prepared to give me remote access to a machine on your internal network I could check this out for you.

Frederik Long, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ashton W Win User
    Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of firewall rules

It might help, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish though. Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall :)

It would not hurt to enable them to test if it would work, and disable them again if it still does not work.

Also, if you have a network router, you may want to check the settings on it in case there are any port forwarding rules there that may be conflicting.

Also, are you using Windows Firewall or another product?

Ashton W, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Phoebus Win User

Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

Having trouble with port forwarding..

title ^
    and basically my router is speedport entry 2i and is not listed in the simple port forwarding program..ive tried opening ports with range and without , nothing worked (am trying to host d2 lod games without hamachi , ports are 4000 and 6112) i have malware bytes and kaspersky total security installed , but ive disabled protections in kaspersky and whitelisted the entire diablo 2 folder in malware bytes and as a web process the d2 exe.and also allowed some inbound tcp stuff from the firewall of kaspersky.im pretty sure malwarebytes or kaspersky is ****ing it up but here are some screenshots
    Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall [​IMG]

Phoebus, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

1. Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall - Similar Threads - Port forwarding works

2. DL3411 port forwarding not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DL3411 port forwarding not working.: i have a DL4311 router and i want to forward a port to my windows 11 pc. i have opened rules in the firewall for the port. the router interface and the information i entered look like this:https://imgur.com/HgDd4tSbut when i check for the port it says the port is not open. im...
  3. DL3411 port forwarding not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DL3411 port forwarding not working.: i have a DL4311 router and i want to forward a port to my windows 11 pc. i have opened rules in the firewall for the port. the router interface and the information i entered look like this:https://imgur.com/HgDd4tSbut when i check for the port it says the port is not open. im...
  4. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  5. Help Port forwarding Will not work

Help Port forwarding Will not work: I have not gonna a response from google yet but I was wondering if anyone here could help here is a link to my google forum. The post was deleted because it was old and no one responded so hear is the copy and paste. Hi I'm trying to setup a Minecraft server it works on...
  6. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  7. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  8. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  9. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  10. Port forwarding not working

Port forwarding not working: Im trying open a port on my computer to allow torrent programs to upload better. problem is I cant seem to get this done. [img] [img] 67774