Windows 10: Port in use, please wait – Printer error message in Windows 10

Discus and support Port in use, please wait – Printer error message in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Windows users have faced this issue that when they try to print from their computer, they get a message saying ‘Port in use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Port in use, please wait – Printer error message in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 10, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. newtekie1 Win User

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Port in use, please wait – Printer error message in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Port please wait

2. Please wait startup error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please wait startup error: un having an error when starting up my pc, it says “please wait” and it stays loading for ever, I can’t access to bios or the pc in general because every time I boot up it load to the the please wait screen, I don’t show anything like the windows startup, it goes directly to...
  3. Please wait startup error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please wait startup error: un having an error when starting up my pc, it says “please wait” and it stays loading for ever, I can’t access to bios or the pc in general because every time I boot up it load to the the please wait screen, I don’t show anything like the windows startup, it goes directly to...
  4. Please wait startup error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 update error - please wait loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update error - please wait loop: my HP windows 10 laptop died during an update and every time I turn it on, it shows me the hp logo with a black background whilst initially saying "please wait" before saying "please wait while we install a system update". Then, it automatically shuts down and automatically...
  6. Windows 10 update error - please wait loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update error - please wait loop: my HP windows 10 laptop died during an update and every time I turn it on, it shows me the hp logo with a black background whilst initially saying "please wait" before saying "please wait while we install a system update". Then, it automatically shuts down and automatically...
  7. Windows 10 update error - please wait loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please wait in windows 10

Please wait in windows 10: Whenever i start my laptop it shows please wait it has started coming from 2 to 3 months when ever i delete some files it dosent take much time to start but it always shows please wait and i cant fully clear everything because there are my important files to so when i need it...
  9. Please wait in windows 10

Please wait in windows 10: Whenever i start my laptop it shows please wait it has started coming from 2 to 3 months when ever i delete some files it dosent take much time to start but it always shows please wait and i cant fully clear everything because there are my important files to so when i need it...
  10. Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”: You can use the FastResolver utility to obtain MAC addresses for all active devices on your network. As long as your Samsung printer is turned on and attached to the Ethernet, FastResolver should see and report its MAC address and IP address at a bare minimum. By...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. port in use please wait

2. printer says port in use please wait

3. printer port in use please wait