Windows 10: Port is being blocked

Discus and support Port is being blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Buddyman57, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Port is being blocked

For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear NX6200 Extender. I have made a static IPV4, I have forwarded on port 25565. I checked in CMD to see if they IPV4 matched (It did), and I made a inbound rule for the port on both TCP and UDP. I cannot think of a single other thing that would be blocking this port, but It is being blocked. If anyone knows how to deal with this issue please let me know.

:)

Buddyman57, Feb 21, 2019

2. System process blocks Port 80

You clearly don't understand the problem here. But I was able to solve it by doing the following:

• Activate IIS
    • In Services disable the IIS service
    • Reboot
    • Port 80 is no longer blocked by the System process

GregorWaldvogel, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Thelps Win User
    Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

So a program that is set by the access list of the Firewall to 'allowed' overrides specifically blocked ports?

Thelps, Feb 21, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

Port is being blocked

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Port is being blocked [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Port is being blocked

1. Port is being blocked - Similar Threads - Port being blocked

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  5. Actions being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  6. Chrome is not being blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome is not being blocked: I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-being-blocked/288a942f-29d3-4278-b09f-d13250eb6e9c
  7. Twitter emojis being blocked?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Twitter emojis being blocked?!: [ATTACH] Hello, I am on windows 10, every time I try and use an emoji on twitter the bar comes up, but I do not have any room to scroll down to choose any emojis, and I cannot move the twitter comment bubble at all. (See picture) The windows bar is blocking my choices!...
  8. Twitter emojis being blocked?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Twitter emojis being blocked?!: [ATTACH] Hello, I am on windows 10, every time I try and use an emoji on twitter the bar comes up, but I do not have any room to scroll down to choose any emojis, and I cannot move the twitter comment bubble at all. (See picture) The windows bar is blocking my choices!...
  9. Software is being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software is being blocked: Some software is being blocked. I use Norton Antivirus as my primary firewall but I have contacted them and they say Microsoft is blocking the software not them. How do I unblock software blocked by Microsoft when they aren't the primary security?...
  10. Block TCP Port 3389

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block TCP Port 3389: How Block Port 3389 ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-tcp-port-3389/de6fb848-5a1b-4c07-bc59-28f1ddb2341b