Windows 10: Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

Discus and support Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Company I have some questions regarding the latest updates on Windows 10, before we always used a Serial PortStartech.com, Port Low Profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michel Galan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

Dear Company

I have some questions regarding the latest updates on Windows 10, before we always used a Serial PortStartech.com, Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART without any issues with DELL 7080. Now a few days a go, all of the computer we sold start to have some problems with the Serial COM Port. Actually the System recognize the adaptor but not the signal at least if you plug and unplug from the Port. We are a Manufacturer in Medical Devices and adaptors must be used to interface our System.

Please let me know the correct way to install or solution.

Regards

Thank you

:)

Michel Galan, Feb 25, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

PCI Serial port driver.

If your computer came with a serial port built into it (pretty rare these days), go to the support site of your computer's manufacturer, enter the identifying information about your specific model (probably the serial number), and look for the driver for
    the serial port.

If you have difficulty doing the above, please provide the make and model of your computer (and its serial number).

If you installed an add-on PCI card for the serial port, what is the make and model of that PCI card?

Otherwise, right-click on that entry in Device Manager and select the "Details" tab.

Select "Hardware Ids" in the drop-down list under "Property"

Copy the first line in the "Values" box and paste into a Google search.

If you get no hits when searching for the entire first line, search only for the VEN/DEV information.

Using the screenshot below as an example:

Search for PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_10B4&SUBSYS_9300141D&REV_89

If no hits, search for PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_10B4

Alternatively, you can use one of these PCI VEN/DEV databases:

PCI Lookup

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/

Find unknown devices using a vendor and device ID. | Device Hunt

Once you know the manufacturer and model of the serial port, you should be able to find the driver for it. If at all possible, avoid third-party driver download sites. Look for the website of the device manufacturer.

Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART 1a8c275d-6c17-4f7e-bb5a-36327b449f93?upload=true.png

3. bobkn Win User
    4K pci graphics card not express

Unexpected. You really need the PCI-E slot for that SSD. You could use an X4 slot if you had one, but you don't.

The only PCI-E 1X card that I found at Newegg was the same as in the Amazon link. Its HDMI port is 1.4a, so it can do 4k, but at 30 Hz max. I don't know whether the (dual link) DVI port supports that; it can do 2560 X 1600 at 60 Hz.

I don't think you're going to get a tolerable 4k graphics card that doesn't need a PCI-E X16 slot. Low profile doesn't help, either. You're really boxed in with that SFF PC.

bobkn, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Stigg Win User

Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

Mine is definitely Marvell.

The two cards are:

First Card:
    Skymaster PCI-Express 4 Port SATA III 6Gbps Card EST11B

Second Card:
    Skymaster PCI-Express to SATA III Card 2 Port/6Gbps Card EST04A

Stigg, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

1. Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART - Similar Threads - Port Low Profile

2. We are facing an issue with Serial COM Port RS232 PCI not working when using Windows 11 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We are facing an issue with Serial COM Port RS232 PCI not working when using Windows 11 for...: We are facing an issue with Serial COM Port RS232 PCI not working when using Windows 11 for workwe tried multiple drivers but serial comport is not working properly....
  3. Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART: Dear Company I have some questions regarding the latest updates on Windows 10, before we always used a Serial PortStartech.com, Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART without any issues with DELL 7080. Now a few days a go, all of the computer...
  4. pci serial port code 28

pci serial port code 28: I have a OptiPlex 780 with windows 10 and i cant find a driver for my pci serial port this all started when I tried to install a gpu and it wasn't showing up in device manager and I've been down this rabbit hole for about 3 weeks and would appreciate any help I can get...
  5. PCI Express Root Port error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Express Root Port error: My Acer predator helios 300 computer started with an event Kernel PNP event ID 440 followed by a Kernel PNP warning, event ID 219 - The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_13431025&REV_07\3&11583659&0&20. followed by multiple...
  6. PCI serial port diver not found

PCI serial port diver not found: Hello, I just installed windows 10 yesterday and my speakers won't work. The computer tells me I am missing my PCI serial port driver. I tried to do an automatic search for the driver to fix it and no driver can be found through windows. What do I do?...
  7. RS232 serial data

RS232 serial data: Using Gartrip to transfer data to and from old Garmin handheld GPS. This works fine on Windows 7 but not Windows 10. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rs232-serial-data/bbec2816-23b2-405b-8a4d-c9e990ea6542
  8. PCI Express Root Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCI Express Root Port: Hi, I built my windows desktop a few months ago and have never been able to get it to sleep or hibernate. I ran the powercfg -lastwake command and received this back: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count...
  9. what is a PCI Serial Port do

what is a PCI Serial Port do: what does a PCI Serial Port do is it ok if there is no driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pci-serial-port-do/c6f6c860-578c-4873-aa6c-84b7b5fc9e08
  10. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...