Windows 10: Port Security in Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Port Security in Windows Server 2016 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; in my domain server 2016 after using net stat we figured out many open udp ports and also port 0 is open my question is we want to gain more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by erickoren, Dec 13, 2018.

1. erickoren Win User

Port Security in Windows Server 2016

in my domain server 2016 after using net stat we figured out many open udp ports and also port 0 is open

my question is

we want to gain more secured environment so what are the list of must be open ports in tcp and in udp in order to gain secured an stable working

[Original Title: security]

:)

erickoren, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide

Source: Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide! | Windows Server Blog

Brink, Dec 13, 2018
  4. jon_hub Win User

Some security policies are displayed as "Not Defined" in the RSoP snap-in on a Windows Server 2016 based domain controller

Found this article on MS Support, would like to check if it applies to Windows Server 2016.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...e-displayed-as-not-defined-in-the-rsop-snap-i

Need a conformation from MS support, or and update to the "Applies to" list to include Windows Server 2016 (preferred). As i would require prove to close my host-review security findings.

Thanks.

jon_hub, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Port Security in Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Port Security Server

2. Windows Server 2016 Security Patch Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 Security Patch Failure: Hi Guys,I recently have run in to a problem, where Latest Microsoft server 2016 security Patches installation failed.In the Event Log , there is ErrorEvent 20: Installation Failure: Windows Failed to Install the following update with error 0x800736B3. Security update for...
  3. Windows Server 2016 Security Patch Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Security Patch Failure: Hi Guys,I recently have run in to a problem, where Latest Microsoft server 2016 security Patches installation failed.In the Event Log , there is ErrorEvent 20: Installation Failure: Windows Failed to Install the following update with error 0x800736B3. Security update for...
  4. App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019: I have an app that uses several serial port and runs fine on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019. The app reads the device info for the port and uses that info to identify the device connected to the port. On Win10 and Server 2016, the query returns the device info but on...
  5. Windows Server 2016 October 2021 Security Patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 October 2021 Security Patch: Hello All,This is regarding the latest security Patch release for Server 2016 KB5006669 released on 12th Oct2021.As per the patch Improvements & Fixes section, this patch will configure, registry setting given below. However, after applying this patch, noticed, below registry...
  6. Windows Server 2016 October 2021 Security Patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 October 2021 Security Patch: Hello All,This is regarding the latest security Patch release for Server 2016 KB5006669 released on 12th Oct2021.As per the patch Improvements & Fixes section, this patch will configure, registry setting given below. However, after applying this patch, noticed, below registry...
  7. Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for windows Server 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for windows Server 2016: Hi, I'm trying to make my winServer2016 compliance with the CIS benchmark https://www.cisecurity.org/cis-benchmarks/, I have installed Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for Windows Server 2016 and run the Script in this...
  8. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  9. Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?: I can bind to any un-used privileged ports with out admin credentials. Is this expected ? Is there no concept of privileged ports in new versions of windows ? Below are the steps I followed: Logged in as non-admin user in Windows-server 2016. Installed python and started...
  10. Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide

in Windows 10 News
    Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide: Windows Server 2016 includes major security innovations that can help protect privileged identity, make it harder for attackers to breach your servers, and detect attacks so that you can respond faster. This is powerful technology, and all that’s missing is guidance on how to...