Windows 10: Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

Discus and support Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I am using Windows 10, Version 20H2. Previously had Version 1809 installed.We have proprietary software for a device we manufacture that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by P25Tech, Jun 24, 2021.

1. P25Tech Win User

Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

Hello. I am using Windows 10, Version 20H2. Previously had Version 1809 installed.We have proprietary software for a device we manufacture that requires the manual assignment of Com Ports from time to time in our laptops. In the 1809 version of Win10 we had the Port Settings tab available for use within Device Manager and I could make Port assignment changes without issue. Since upgrading to the 20H2 version, the Port Settings tab is no longer available. The tabs I have available now are GENERAL/DRIVER/DETAILS/EVENTS.How can I restore the Port Settings tab?Thank y

:)

P25Tech, Jun 24, 2021
  2. EddieC Win User

Port Settings Tab Missing

I have a device where I need to change the Com Port, BUT the PORT SETTINGS TAB is missing. How to make this change from Com Port 4 to Com Port 3? See attached screen shot.

WIN 10 ver: 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

EddieC, Jun 24, 2021
  3. DanBelo Win User
    Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

the problem is lpt port is missing on windows 10 . adapter doesnt work because no driver, send driver for lpt

DanBelo, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

Posts on some forums suggest that Microsoft has killed LPT (parallel port) support in Windows 10 whereas another post I saw indicates that Microsoft has fixed this problem due to pressure from businesses that still need parallel support. I am such a
    business. I must have LPT support for legacy software and an HP LaserJet 6P for the new computer I'm getting (which does have an LPT port). This is not optional since the old software will not work with USB and new printers. Can anyone definitively tell
    me whether LPT/Parallel ports are or are not currently usable in Windows 10 (64-bit)? Thanks for any help.

AudioNexus, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

1. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT - Similar Threads - Port Settings Tab

2. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  3. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  4. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  5. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  6. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: I am trying to connect serial port device from Java app, but failed. I was not sure port is closed properly so I removed the port. It was named UartSub Device COM1 at that point. After I updated devices in Device Manager, I see it installed but named: UartSub Device COM5. I...
  8. USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr

USB devices not listed under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Managerr: [img] My USB devices are only listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers/Devices" And the COM port is not assigned to the USB device. I would like to see the devices listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" Such that a software I use would recognize the COM port under the which...
  9. PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10: Hi PORTS (COM & LPT) is not appearing in my Device Manager in Windows 10. I followed these steps: Connect the USB. Open Device Manager. Click on Action. Select Add legacy hardware. Click on Next. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced),...
  10. PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark

PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark: Hello, I'm trying to port my ESP32 Arduino board to my laptop, but a yellow exclamation mark is showing up in the Communications Port COM3. (Screenshot of the issue below) How can I fix this? [ATTACH] Thanks a lot!...