Windows 10: Port Settings Tab Missing

Discus and support Port Settings Tab Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a device where I need to change the Com Port, BUT the PORT SETTINGS TAB is missing. How to make this change from Com Port 4 to Com Port 3? See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EddieC, Nov 3, 2020.

1. EddieC Win User

Port Settings Tab Missing

I have a device where I need to change the Com Port, BUT the PORT SETTINGS TAB is missing. How to make this change from Com Port 4 to Com Port 3? See attached screen shot.

WIN 10 ver: 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

:)

EddieC, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

The readyboost tab is missing but is enabled in services.why?

Hi,

Device compatibility is one of the reasons why the ReadyBoost tab is missing. Kindly provide the following answers to the questions below to further isolate the issue:

• What is the make and model of the flash drive that you are using for ReadyBoost?
    • Have you tried inserting the flash drive to another USB port?

In the meantime, we suggest updating the driver for your USB drive. This will help us identify if the issue is caused by outdated drivers. Kindly follow the steps on this article to update it:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

We recommend using our
    Bing Translator
    to translate this message into Slovenish.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 3, 2020
  3. wmcit Win User
    Printer ports missing

Windows 10

I have had 3 windows 10 computers with this recent problem. The printer ports list is incomplete with missing "created by me local ports" (standard ports are visible and fine). If I try to add a missing port back in the list I get a message the port already
    exists. Yet I cannot assign a missing port to a printer. Happens after a reboot from update (1903) or power outage (after 1903 update) Update 2004 does not fix the problem. ty

wmcit, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Port is being blocked

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

Upon researching, this seems like an issue due to the port scan. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Login to your Netgear
      NX6200 Extender GUI
    • Click on Advanced tab and choose
      WAN Setup
    • Check the box for Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection.
    • Allow it to update and check if the port is still being blocked.

However, if the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    equipped with knowledge on port forwarding.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Port Settings Tab Missing - Similar Threads - Port Settings Tab

2. why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager: why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager in my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-port-settings-tab-missing-from-usb/39d97a96-e6a6-462c-b815-470caa8643b1
  3. why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager: why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager in my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-port-settings-tab-missing-from-usb/39d97a96-e6a6-462c-b815-470caa8643b1
  4. why is the port settings tab missing from USB serial port in device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Tabs in settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs in settings are missing.: This is all I get, and if I go into system, it shows sound and clipboard, thats it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-settings-are-missing/39e7ecaa-d49d-43a3-ad14-ca0a9cf9b364
  6. Tabs in settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs in settings are missing.: This is all I get, and if I go into system, it shows sound and clipboard, thats it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-settings-are-missing/39e7ecaa-d49d-43a3-ad14-ca0a9cf9b364
  7. Tabs in settings are missing.

8. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: I am trying to connect serial port device from Java app, but failed. I was not sure port is closed properly so I removed the port. It was named UartSub Device COM1 at that point. After I updated devices in Device Manager, I see it installed but named: UartSub Device COM5. I...
  9. Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port Settings Tab is Missing Under Ports COM & LPT: Hello. I am using Windows 10, Version 20H2. Previously had Version 1809 installed.We have proprietary software for a device we manufacture that requires the manual assignment of Com Ports from time to time in our laptops. In the 1809 version of Win10 we had the Port...
  10. Missing sections in the Settings tab.

Missing sections in the Settings tab.: Hello. About a few days ago my friends computer and mine both restarted almost at the same time and started updating. We thought nothing of it at the time, but today I opened the Settings tab and noticed that most of the sections are missing. Told him to check if he's missing...