Windows 10: Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

Discus and support Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Driver Provider: MicrosoftDriver Date: 6/21/2006Driver Version: 10.0.18362.900This device cannot start. Code 10{Access Denied}A process has requested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis Cespedes lcespedes, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

Driver Provider: MicrosoftDriver Date: 6/21/2006Driver Version: 10.0.18362.900This device cannot start. Code 10{Access Denied}A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights.

:)

Luis Cespedes lcespedes, Apr 26, 2021
  2. jlbeek Win User

WIN 10 - Recognizing portable drive connected to USB

I can't seem to get a new SATA drive to be recognized by windows 10.

Connected to powered, Sabrent portable SATA holder and connected to the USB port on a new Samsung laptop.

Looking in Device manager disk drives, there is no listing. Nothing in USB headers either.

Drive powers up and clicks through what sounds like normal initialization.

Windows 10 is fully up to date as well.

jlbeek, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Portable device not recognized by device manager

Hello,

A corrupted driver, missing driver, and hardware issue are a few of the reasons why you are experiencing challenges connecting a device to your laptop. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm the following:

• You’re using the same Windows 10 build as your laptop.
    • You’re connecting the portable device using the same cable cord.
    • You’re using the same version of the driver on your desktop and laptop.

If the statements above are all correct, there's a possibility that it is hardware related. To further isolate your concern, we suggest that you try to connect the portable device using a different port on your laptop.

We are looking forward for the response.

Kristine Arp, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

1. Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB - Similar Threads - Portable devices are

2. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  3. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  4. USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.: I've tried uninstalling portable DVD device in device manager then reinstalling, turn off/on pc. USB port has worked in the past. Microsoft says it may be that driver needs updating but update is no longer available....
  5. USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.

USB port on pc no longer recognizes portable device.: I've tried uninstalling portable DVD device in device manager then reinstalling, turn off/on pc. USB port has worked in the past. Microsoft says it may be that driver needs updating but update is no longer available....
  6. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected: Hi, I have a dictaphone / voice recorder that previously worked on my windows 10 machine. It has stopped being recognized by the USB ports; all that happens is it lights up and charges the device but there is no indication of anything being connected. I assumed the device was...
  7. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected: Hi, I have a dictaphone / voice recorder that previously worked on my windows 10 machine. It has stopped being recognized by the USB ports; all that happens is it lights up and charges the device but there is no indication of anything being connected. I assumed the device was...
  8. USB storage devices charging, but not recognized when connected

9. Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...

Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...: So I have been having this issue for a few days and have not found a workable solution anywhere. 2 of my 4 front facing USB ports are non 3.0 ports, as of 2 days ago they stopped recognizing any device plugged into them the 2 3.0 ports work fine. I have gone to device...
  10. WIN 10 - Recognizing portable drive connected to USB

WIN 10 - Recognizing portable drive connected to USB: I can't seem to get a new SATA drive to be recognized by windows 10. Connected to powered, Sabrent portable SATA holder and connected to the USB port on a new Samsung laptop. Looking in Device manager disk drives, there is no listing. Nothing in USB headers either. Drive...