Windows 10: Portable Devices in Device Manager

Discus and support Portable Devices in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go into Device Manager, click 'view', and check show hidden devices, I find portable devices that lists 20+ devices. Just looking at them tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardC, Jun 7, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Portable Devices in Device Manager

When I go into Device Manager, click 'view', and check show hidden devices, I find portable devices that lists 20+ devices. Just looking at them tells me it occurs when I plug in a USB thumbdrive. My question is it okay to delete all of them? Is there an app or a cleanup function that's supposed to clean these up?

:)

RichardC, Jun 7, 2019
  2. GRJM Win User

Device Manager / Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

I opened the Device Manager in Windows 10, but Portable Devices is missing. How do I retrieve or re-install that category? Thank you. I need to back up my iPhone, which is normally seen as a portable device. Any suggested fix will
    be greatly appreciated.

GRJM, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Portable device not recognized by device manager

Hello,

A corrupted driver, missing driver, and hardware issue are a few of the reasons why you are experiencing challenges connecting a device to your laptop. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm the following:

• You’re using the same Windows 10 build as your laptop.
    • You’re connecting the portable device using the same cable cord.
    • You’re using the same version of the driver on your desktop and laptop.

If the statements above are all correct, there's a possibility that it is hardware related. To further isolate your concern, we suggest that you try to connect the portable device using a different port on your laptop.

We are looking forward for the response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Portable Devices in Device Manager

No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Portable Devices in Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Portable Devices in Device Manager

1. Portable Devices in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Portable Devices Device

2. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  3. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  4. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  6. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  7. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

8. Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager

Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager, click view and check 'show hidden devices,' it shows a list of quite a few devices. Now I know that these are the result of using a USB flash drives to do various projects. I attached a screenshot below. My question is if it is safe to...
  9. Portable Device driver in the Device Manager

Portable Device driver in the Device Manager: Can anyone explain why Windows 10 does not have a portable device driver in Windows 10? I'm trying to connect my Cannon Rebel XT camera to my new laptop (Insprion 15-3252). I thought it was now suppose to work through the USB port drivers but I have uploaded all the latest...
  10. Device Manager: Drive volumes show as Portable Devices???

Device Manager: Drive volumes show as Portable Devices???: On my laptop only my sd card and USB flash thumb drive show as removable devices, but on my newly installed 14393.693 desktop, all except my System and Boot drive volumes now show up in Device Manager as Portable Devices, even though they are just partitions on my 2 hard...