Windows 10: "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop

Discus and support "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop. What needs to be done to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderPovolotsky, Sep 22, 2019.

1. "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop

"Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop.

What needs to be done to fix it?

:)

AlexanderPovolotsky, Sep 22, 2019

2. Portable device not recognized by device manager

Hello,

A corrupted driver, missing driver, and hardware issue are a few of the reasons why you are experiencing challenges connecting a device to your laptop. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm the following:

• You’re using the same Windows 10 build as your laptop.
    • You’re connecting the portable device using the same cable cord.
    • You’re using the same version of the driver on your desktop and laptop.

If the statements above are all correct, there's a possibility that it is hardware related. To further isolate your concern, we suggest that you try to connect the portable device using a different port on your laptop.

We are looking forward for the response.

Kristine Arp, Sep 22, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

"Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Sep 22, 2019
  4. "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

"Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop [​IMG]

putermaker, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

"Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop

1. "Portable devices" section is not listed in Device Manager on my Windows 10 Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Portable devices section

2. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  3. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  4. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  5. My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager

My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager: I have been having a problem with my laptop's built-in webcam not being detected at all for awhile now. I have looked at many Youtube tutorials on this issue and so far none have worked. My laptop's webcam is an HP TrueVision HD Webcam. There is no updated driver available...
  6. Windows 10 lists my OEM optical drive as a portable device in device manager

Windows 10 lists my OEM optical drive as a portable device in device manager: So this is odd, the drive is detected, it works in as much as existing games can be played but other than listing the optical drive as a portable device it doesn't list it in disc management and won't play standard DVDs as it insists I don't have a DVD drive. Can anyone...
  7. Windows 10 /Device Manager/Portable Devices/Fire

Windows 10 /Device Manager/Portable Devices/Fire: Windows does not see Kindle Fire e-reader. It worked fine until three days ago when I tried to transfer books from my computer to the Fire. Fire was not on the directory. After trying to follow directions from ESL tech from Amazon and Microsoft I somehow deleted the Fire name...
  8. Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager

Lots of Portable Devices in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager, click view and check 'show hidden devices,' it shows a list of quite a few devices. Now I know that these are the result of using a USB flash drives to do various projects. I attached a screenshot below. My question is if it is safe to...
  9. Portable Devices in Device Manager

Portable Devices in Device Manager: When I go into Device Manager, click 'view', and check show hidden devices, I find portable devices that lists 20+ devices. Just looking at them tells me it occurs when I plug in a USB thumbdrive. My question is it okay to delete all of them? Is there an app or a cleanup...
  10. Portable Device driver in the Device Manager

Portable Device driver in the Device Manager: Can anyone explain why Windows 10 does not have a portable device driver in Windows 10? I'm trying to connect my Cannon Rebel XT camera to my new laptop (Insprion 15-3252). I thought it was now suppose to work through the USB port drivers but I have uploaded all the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 portable devices not listed