Windows 10: portable drive

Discus and support portable drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vernesampath, May 5, 2020.

1. portable drive

portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update

:)

vernesampath, May 5, 2020

2. Portable drive recognisition

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to connected the portable drive as it is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please try the below and be informed us with the result:

• Have you tried to connect the drive to different ports and check?
    • Are you able to see if the drive is being detected by the device or not?
    • Have you connected this drive to any other computer and check?
    • Have you tried to connect different drive to this device to different ports and check?

Also, Please try to install all the Windows Updates on Windows 10 and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Microsoft Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install all the pending updates.

Please do the above to detect the issue is with the device or driver and updates us the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Portable hard drive and windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting
    portable hard drive in Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the hard drive getting detected on the computer?

• Do you face any issue while using other USB devices?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Missing Windows Update.

2. USB port is damaged.

3. Damaged hardware.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    Enter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and also latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. You may also try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 23, 2020
  4. portable drive

Toshiba HDTD210XS3e1 Canvio Slim II Portable Hard Drive 1tb.

Hi David,

You may be experiencing the problem regarding your portable hard drive due to a compatibility issue. To resolve that, we suggest that you completely uninstall the drivers for the device and restart your computer. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver
    after doing that. To uninstall the drivers, refer to the following steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the driver that needs to be uninstalled, then choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab, then select Uninstall.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you roll the driver back to its previous version. To do that, you can follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the driver that needs to be rolled back, then choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab, then select Roll Back Driver.

Update us if the information above addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, May 23, 2020
Thema:

portable drive

1. portable drive - Similar Threads - portable drive

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  6. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  7. Computer won't pop up files for any portable hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't pop up files for any portable hard drives: I have two portable hard drives that were working fine a few days ago, recently I tried to plug them in and nothing shows up in files. When I go to eject it shows eject portable. I believe it is something with my laptop and not my drive as a regular USB pops up fine but these...
  8. Computer won't pop up files for any portable hard drives

Computer won't pop up files for any portable hard drives: I have two portable hard drives that were working fine a few days ago, recently I tried to plug them in and nothing shows up in files. When I go to eject it shows eject portable. I believe it is something with my laptop and not my drive as a regular USB pops up fine but these...
  9. Computer won't pop up files for any portable hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Download Photos to Portable Hard Drive

Download Photos to Portable Hard Drive: I am wanting to just export my photos to an portable hard drive, but "OneDrive" isn't allowing me to access my photos. I keep getting the message "We sent your device a notification to connect." I don't have admin access to my computer, as it is a work computer, so I can't...