Windows 10: Portable HDD won't open

Discus and support Portable HDD won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Khone_727, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Portable HDD won't open

Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo portable HD, P-ZU3 2tb and a smaller HD.When I plug the portable HD into my desktop, it won't open. I has a yellow light on.When I plug the portable HD into my laptop, it opens and I get a blue light.Any idea why the Buffalo HD won't open on my desktop? I would like to back-up my computer but can't if the HD won't open.ThanksJack

:)

Khone_727, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Portable HDD full but isn`t..

my external portable hard drive is showing full. it says I have only used 483GB and have 500GB free but when I try to put files on it says disc is full. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 .Portable HDD

Graham Laughlan, Jan 16, 2022
  4. tops Win User

Portable HDD won't open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Portable HDD won't open

1. Portable HDD won't open - Similar Threads - Portable HDD won't

2. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.: I bought a Lenovo F309 Portable HDD to backup files when I was clean installing windows 10 from 8.1. It was bought 2 or 3 years ago. After I upgraded to windows 10 it worked but one day it wasn't detecting. When I connected it, the light on it used to stay on but now it keeps...
  3. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.: I bought a Lenovo F309 Portable HDD to backup files when I was clean installing windows 10 from 8.1. It was bought 2 or 3 years ago. After I upgraded to windows 10 it worked but one day it wasn't detecting. When I connected it, the light on it used to stay on but now it keeps...
  4. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Portable HDD won't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable HDD won't open: Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo portable HD, P-ZU3 2tb and a smaller HD.When I plug the portable HD into my desktop, it won't open. I has a yellow light on.When I...
  6. Portable HDD won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable HDD won't open: Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo portable HD, P-ZU3 2tb and a smaller HD.When I plug the portable HD into my desktop, it won't open. I has a yellow light on.When I...
  7. Portable HDD intermittently not recognised by W10

Portable HDD intermittently not recognised by W10: I am having a lot of trouble with a Toshiba 2TB portable HDD on Windows 10. Sometimes it is recognised by Explorer, sometimes it isn't, and I can't discern a pattern. The drive works in every other device I have, and when it doesn't work, it is not seen using any of the USB...
  8. Portable HDD intermittently not recognised by W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Portable HDD intermittently not recognised by W10: I am having a lot of trouble with a Toshiba 2TB portable HDD on Windows 10. Sometimes it is recognised by Explorer, sometimes it isn't, and I can't discern a pattern. The drive works in every other device I have, and when it doesn't work, it is not seen using any of the USB...
  9. Portable HDD not recognized

Portable HDD not recognized: I have 2 WD portable HDD's that are not recognized by W10. I plug them into an external Tripp-Lite USB 3.0 that I added as my PC is old and only has USB 2.0 I have never had an issue like this. I used both of these 2Tb portable HDD's for a couple years with zero...
  10. unable to delete a folder on a portable HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to delete a folder on a portable HDD: I have folder which said it deleted, but remained....it had zero size....I trid adding some sub folders in the home it may trigger a proper deletion, these sub folders are now behaving in the same way....I loaded up a live Linux cd, it refused to let me delete the folders as...