Windows 10: Portable License not Activating

Discus and support Portable License not Activating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So here’s how it is: Oct 2016: I bought a non-OEM digital license for Windows 10 with the certain knowledge that the computer I was building would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marc Girard Alleyn, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Portable License not Activating

So here’s how it is:

Oct 2016: I bought a non-OEM digital license for Windows 10 with the certain knowledge that the computer I was building would be upgraded down the road & I’d want a license that could go along with the upgrades. The computer I initially installed it on had an A88M-ITX/AC motherboard by Asrock.

November 2019: My server needed a bit more horsepower. I knew I was upgrading my own computer soon & I didn’t have anything urgent going on in the meantime that needed very much computing horsepower, so I took the A88M-ITX/AC & put it in my server & began running windows on the Biostar embedded A68N-5600 board that had been the heart of my server. The activation carries over no problem so good news!

Today, January 2020: I build my new computer, based on an Asrock B450 Pro4-F. The Biostar surrenders its SSD to the build, but nothing else. I proceed with a clean install of windows to better accommodate the new hardware. The activation fails. When I try to get Windows to grab the license off the Biostar profile attached to my microsoft ID, it fails.

So I called Microsoft & after the most frustrating 30 minutes of my life speaking with someone who did not understand, despite my repeatedly saying so clearly, that I had a non-OEM license on a home built computer, I spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor understood & said no problem, I just have to get transferred to a technician.

That was an hour & 30 minutes ago. I’m at a loss for what to do, now. This is absurd & it needs to be fixed or I want my money back for a license that was not portable as promised. How do I go about accomplishing this?

:)

Marc Girard Alleyn, Jan 14, 2020

2. mozart wont register on portable devices

followed steps to troubleshoot error code c101002e,tried expand portable devices and my phone is not listed. Although zune does?

booner_mozartwp7, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Finally got it activated but still confused as to what is really going on with activation.

here is what I did:

-got another Win7 Pro key from a friend (non volume license one)
    -I tried to activate it, but it gave the same error message as before, "could not activate with this key"
    -following suggestion above, I tried it a second time. This time it activated !!! (internet was connected both times)

don't know why just doing it 2 times makes it work. maybe someone else can explain that.

I checked it with ShowkeyPlus and to my surprise it now said it was activated and showed the installed key as the generic Win10Pro key that is listed in above post. But I did not enter that key. ????

tikicarver, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Portable License not Activating

Your Windows license expires on...

Hi Hayurin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check which version of Windows is activated.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings.

• Click on update and recovery.

• Click on Activation.

• And check which version of Windows is activated.

If it shows as insider preview then i suggest you to contact Microsoft Phone support as they have the right resources to activate windows 10.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Portable License not Activating

1. Portable License not Activating - Similar Threads - Portable License Activating

2. License and activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License and activation: I purchased a computer at a Restore. I formatted the hard drive to erase the existing data, now it requires activation. Since the computer was donated to the Restore from a college, I do not have access to an activation code. HELP!...
  3. Activation and Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation and Licensing: A few months back i had reset my laptop completely because it was running slow and there was some virus in it, after i reset the windows settings said that windows is not activated, even thought on the bottom right of the screen, there is a text saying "Windows 10 Home" when...
  4. Activation License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation License: I have Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I downloaded and installed it free from Microsoft, several years ago nowMy Activation screen says the Windows 10 is activated using your organization's activation service..............I am getting 'Windows license will expire soon'...
  5. Activation License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation License: I have Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I downloaded and installed it free from Microsoft, several years ago nowMy Activation screen says the Windows 10 is activated using your organization's activation service..............I am getting 'Windows license will expire soon'...
  6. Licensing and activation

Licensing and activation: I recently bought new windows laptop with genuine version of windows , but because of some issue I reinstall the windows and now it is giving me notification to upgrade my window and 1 month of activation remaining and showing me volume licensing in setting. What should I...
  7. Licensing and activation

Licensing and activation: What is the difference between the OEM key, volume key, retail key, digital licenced key and activation code key, and can I re-use the same key multiple times in the same pc after re- formatting, if so which one is best ?...
  8. Licensing & Activation

Licensing & Activation: I have 2 laptop. One of them is HP Folio 9480m, Window 8.1 run on it had been activated by HP before I bought it. After that I upgraded it to Window 10 free. My question is can I use the activated key of HP to install a window 8.1 on my other computer....
  9. licensing activation

licensing activation: keep receiving error Ox80070781 which means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-activation/c797eee8-4ecd-4c80-84b7-236b62a2718a"
  10. ACTIVATION & LICENSE

ACTIVATION & LICENSE: we bought a laptop i3 7 gen in nov 2018, there was a problem is error showing by flash massages "windows license expire soon' while windows already activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license/283536db-a952-43b7-badb-5a90c83b8ef6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 portable license