Windows 10: Portable Mouse not working or detected.

Discus and support Portable Mouse not working or detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after so many computer resets due to the unfixable temporary profile the mouse not the touchpad is not working. I thought this was because of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KhinWales, Jul 14, 2019.

1. KhinWales Win User

Portable Mouse not working or detected.

So after so many computer resets due to the unfixable temporary profile the mouse not the touchpad is not working. I thought this was because of the mouse it self but apparently it wasn't, it was the computer. I check the device manager and it only detected the touchpad but not the mouse. I can't seem to fix this. Any help?

:)

KhinWales, Jul 14, 2019

2. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Portable hard drive not detected

I've a Seagate Back-up plus 1 TB external portable hard disk. After the partitioning it is not detected in both 'My Computer' and Disk Management. However it is listed in 'Device Manager' and 'Devices and Printers'. Please help me in this regard to resolve
    the issue.

DurgeshTripathi, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Portable Mouse not working or detected.

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Portable Mouse not working or detected.

1. Portable Mouse not working or detected. - Similar Threads - Portable Mouse working

2. ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS WON'T DETECT DISPLAY ON PORTABLE MONITORS: My portable monitors won't detect anymore. I tried 3 portable monitors, and it keeps on saying no signal. I tried to connect it using different Type C chords and still won't work. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.: I bought a Lenovo F309 Portable HDD to backup files when I was clean installing windows 10 from 8.1. It was bought 2 or 3 years ago. After I upgraded to windows 10 it worked but one day it wasn't detecting. When I connected it, the light on it used to stay on but now it keeps...
  4. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.: I bought a Lenovo F309 Portable HDD to backup files when I was clean installing windows 10 from 8.1. It was bought 2 or 3 years ago. After I upgraded to windows 10 it worked but one day it wasn't detecting. When I connected it, the light on it used to stay on but now it keeps...
  5. Lenovo F309 Portable HDD not detecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wireless Mouse Detected but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Mouse Detected but not working: The highlighted one is the wireless mouse. I have already changed the batteries, tried different ports, tried to update and uninstall the driver, and tried the SMART Genius Program and TXID Reset Program, and both have not detected the mouse....
  7. Blutooth mouse not detected - other blutooth detected and work.

Blutooth mouse not detected - other blutooth detected and work.: My Microsoft mouse is not detected, as if it does not exist. In another device it works perfectly. Note other blutooth devices work normally. I have searched here, and all the answers are useless "reinstall driver" already did "try manufacturer driver" It's Microsoft.......
  8. unable to detect usb portable harddisk

unable to detect usb portable harddisk: Before I am able to detect my 2 of my usb portable hard disk and lately it fail to detect on my ASUS laptop. I have tried all the 3 different usb ports in the laptop as well as changing the usb cable but no success. However, both portable hard disks works fine on my other...
  9. Wireless mouse detected but not working

Wireless mouse detected but not working: My wireless mouse suddenly stopped working and I can't get it working again. I have been using a wireless mouse for years but today it just suddenly stopped working while I was playing a game. Let's get some things out of the way first. The mouse is fine, it doesn't need...
  10. Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting

Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting: Dear Sir/Ma'am, My toshiba portable hard disk is not detecting in MY PC, but in shows in devices & printer, Please help me by telling me the changes made in the settings to detect it. Regards Anurag Mishra...