Windows 10: Portable Reddit App for Windows 10

Discus and support Portable Reddit App for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, does anybody know a good portable Reddit app / client? I tried „Reditr“, but it doesn’t work (shows only a black screen). Further than that, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrHeywoodRFloyd, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Portable Reddit App for Windows 10

Hi, does anybody know a good portable Reddit app / client? I tried „Reditr“, but it doesn’t work (shows only a black screen). Further than that, I could not find any alternatives on the web.

I hate accessing Reddit from a browser, logging on and off every time and I also cannot install any .exe files or anything from the MS Store as I have no access rights on that machine. Therefore a portable „installation“ on a pen drive is the only possibility.

If possible, an open source app would be preferred. Thanks!

submitted by /u/DrHeywoodRFloyd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrHeywoodRFloyd, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Portable Reddit App for Windows 10

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

Howdy, Members:

Does anyone have experience creating PORTABLE APPS (virtualized)...

(so one need not be dependent upon PortableApps.com or any similar portable resources.)

• Compliant with Win 10
    • NO requirement to install apps to HDD first (as required by Cameyo and winRAR)
    • Procedure for keeping UPDATED (latest app version)

If you do have experience...

• What recommendations can you make?

Thank you in advance for prompt and detailed responses.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Portable Reddit App for Windows 10

1. Portable Reddit App for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Portable Reddit App

2. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  3. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  4. Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App: I have the reddit app installed on my Windows 11 PC and I don't get notifications from it. I have notifications enabled from my settings within the app. I looked at the notifications menu in Windows and don't see Reddit listed there. How can I enable notifications for this...
  5. Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Getting Notifications from Reddit App: I have the reddit app installed on my Windows 11 PC and I don't get notifications from it. I have notifications enabled from my settings within the app. I looked at the notifications menu in Windows and don't see Reddit listed there. How can I enable notifications for this...
  6. What's a good standalone Reddit app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's a good standalone Reddit app?: Just got my first PC after a lifetime of Macs. Still learning my way around the new UI. I liked having Reddit in a separate app window instead of accessing it through my main browser. Are there any good standalone programs for using Reddit on a Windows machine? submitted...
  7. Best Reddit app for Win 10?

Best Reddit app for Win 10?: Finally have a new laptop (!) and was wondering what you guys were using to access Reddit. I really hate the website and have grown to like Narwhal on my iPad. Any suggestions please? submitted by /u/HomeyJay [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there a Reddit App for Windows 10??

Is there a Reddit App for Windows 10??: I’m new to windows 10 and I’ve looked in the App Store and I find Redditting for Reddit and a whole bunch of other ones but nothing that just says Reddit! submitted by /u/olf2019 [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot set a portable app as a default app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot set a portable app as a default app in Windows 10: I've just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a new ssd (I put the ISO on an usb drive using MediaCreationTool1803) and I'm installing all the softwares I need. Among these there is "Nulloy", a portable music player app, which I've been using for a long time as default music...
  10. Windows 10 Portability

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Portability: Have a Windows 8.1 Pro product key Retail,if I Upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro on the same computer,obviously, that will probably not a problem .*Cool Since windows 10 does NOT utilize product keys any more and using digital entitlements, what if I need to install Windows 10...