Windows 10: Porting photos via USB drive to Mac

Discus and support Porting photos via USB drive to Mac in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was just wondering if you lovely people could assist me with a small problem I'm having moving some family photos onto my Sister's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ValiantSaint, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Porting photos via USB drive to Mac

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if you lovely people could assist me with a small problem I'm having moving some family photos onto my Sister's Macbook, from my PC running Windows 10?

I've bought a new SanDisk USB 64GB flash drive, and formatted it in FAT32 (as I read that this would allow the drive to be used on either a Mac or a Windows machine)

However, when I place the USB drive into the Mac, it tells me 'The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer'

I suppose I have formatted it incorrectly. But how do you format a drive so it can be seen in W10, but readable in Mac OS? What program do you use? I used MiniTool partition wizard.....

The Mac is running Version macOS. 10.15.6

Many, many thanks in advance

:)

ValiantSaint, Aug 11, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Porting photos via USB drive to Mac [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 11, 2020
  3. USB Ports Not Working

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Have you tried suggestions provided by Hamilton Apolinario?
    If not, please re-install Windows 10 and check the status. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to get the hardware diagnostic done from the manufacturer.

Step 1: Download the Windows 10 ISO (using another computer so you can use USB ports to transfer files)

Refer to the article below and download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Make a USB flash drive bootable

Refer to the article to download Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to transfer ISO to USB flash drive to make it bootable device.

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

Important: Ensure there is no data in USB flash drive before making it bootable device. If you have any data, back it up accordingly.

Disclaimer: Please keep a backup of your data in case of loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Porting photos via USB drive to Mac

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Porting photos via USB drive to Mac

1. Porting photos via USB drive to Mac - Similar Threads - Porting photos via

2. photos locked via One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos locked via One Drive: This has been asked, I didn't understand the answers as I could not find the One Drive Icon to click. ALL my phots are locked apparently by One Drive--how that happened, beats me. And, within an hour or so of adding a photo, it too is locked. NOT happy as I have hundreds of...
  3. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  4. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  5. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  7. USB ports, and dvd drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ports, and dvd drive: I have a hp 15 laptop. as soon as the warranty expired the dvd player/burner quite working. it says insert disk and when I put an disk it, it does not spin to read it , it just says no disk. The next problem it has is I have a 8 in one card reader that I`ve used many times...
  8. USB Installation Media on 1st PC via Mac--desperate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Installation Media on 1st PC via Mac--desperate: Okay, so first things first: I have assembled my computer and am having trouble booting my OS of choice (Windows 10), apparently due to a “missing media driver.” I only have a MacBook (2010, El Capitan OS X) to format installation media onto a USB to introduce to the build....
  9. laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port

laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port: laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-mp3-device-via-usb-port/16281199-f17a-4bcf-9621-a36b5cd98cfc
  10. Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?

Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?: Hello; I found that a 32GB LEXAR USB 3.0 thrumb drive was not being fully recognized by my PC. When using File Manager and clicking on Removable disk (I:) under This PC, I am getting a prompt: Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk (I:). [The volume name used to be shown...