Windows 10: Porting themes from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Porting themes from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been running a total custom theme on Windows 7 for months now, as I am planning my upgrade to 10 I started wondering how I was going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by McSealTeam, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Porting themes from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hello, I have been running a total custom theme on Windows 7 for months now, as I am planning my upgrade to 10 I started wondering how I was going to get the custom theme ported. The original maker of the skin has since stopped support (before 8.1). So is there anyway to port the entire theme over to work with Windows 10?

Additional Details:
    I have a moderate knowledge of coding and such.
    The Themes is very comprehensive including:
    Completely Different Icons
    New Explorer.exe
    New Start Orb
    Custom chams (close, minimize, enlarge, back, forward)

:)

McSealTeam, Jan 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 themes

There are no 3rd party app. The themes I use are all windows themes. For example in windows 7 if you look at the themes there are 3 categories of themes. Aero themes which has a default of 7 items. Installed themes which has 1 default item and basic and
    high contrast themes which has 6 items. The only themes that will work correctly with the magnifier tool are windows 7 basic and windows classic which is under the basic and high contrast category. In windows 10 all themes that are on laptop or imported from
    Microsoft web site do not work well with the magnifier too when using the magnifier as I described in the last email. All windows 10 themes work just like windows 7 themes that are not under the basic and high contrast category. If you look at each theme in
    windows 7 there is a lens in front of each theme except for the windows 7 basic and the windows classic. I am not sure the meaning of the lens is but what ever it is it affects the magnifier too. I hope this makes sense.

lawrencerobbert, Jan 14, 2016
  3. LizRules Win User
    Can I put pre installed Windows 7 themes (i.e. Characters) on Windows 10? Will they work?

Alright. Thanks! Please notify me if you try to use the theme packs anyway and if the theme packs work. Also, if you don't mind, may you please show pictures of the theme packs working on Windows 10? Thanks again!

EDIT: I just refreshed the page and saw your new post. The wallpaper location is very helpful, but do you know if the theme packs will work on Windows 10? What exactly has changed between the theme packs from Windows 7 and the theme packs on Windows 10?
    The theme packs from Microsoft's website all work on Windows 7 and 10, so why won't these do the same?

LizRules, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Porting themes from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Porting themes from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Porting themes

2. How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?: How do I unlock port 1947 in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-port-1947-in-windows/0df1f590-bf3e-4d91-a971-f7ad5af9b706
  3. How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?: How do I unlock port 1947 in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-port-1947-in-windows/0df1f590-bf3e-4d91-a971-f7ad5af9b706
  4. Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings: I have been having an intermittent issue with Windows 11 on Bluetooth COM Ports. When initially pairing, the device will go into COM7 and COM8 in More Bluetooth Settings->COM Ports Image is failing to upload right now, sorry.The problem I have is that with seemingly no change...
  5. Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings

Windows 11 Bluetooth COM Ports Disappear from More Bluetooth Settings: I have been having an intermittent issue with Windows 11 on Bluetooth COM Ports. When initially pairing, the device will go into COM7 and COM8 in More Bluetooth Settings->COM Ports Image is failing to upload right now, sorry.The problem I have is that with seemingly no change...
  6. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  7. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  8. My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.: My laptop is about 4 years old and for quite a while I've been charging my phone via USB-C because it's quick, easy, and effective. But for the past couple of weeks my laptop has been very on and off when charging my phone. When I try to just normally charge my phone after...
  9. My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.

My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.: My laptop is about 4 years old and for quite a while I've been charging my phone via USB-C because it's quick, easy, and effective. But for the past couple of weeks my laptop has been very on and off when charging my phone. When I try to just normally charge my phone after...
  10. JARVIS theme port from windows 8.1 to windows 10 ! HELP ! :D

in Windows 10 Customization
    JARVIS theme port from windows 8.1 to windows 10 ! HELP ! :D: Anyone can do it ? Jarvis Windows 8.1.1 Theme this is the theme. 38499