Windows 10: Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not...

Discus and support Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sythic_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sythic_, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not...

/u/Sythic_, Oct 29, 2019

2. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not...

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not...

1. Portion of my screen goes black every other day or so. On top of all windows but not... - Similar Threads - Portion screen goes

2. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  3. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  4. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  5. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  6. Lap top crashing every other day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lap top crashing every other day: Event 6008 and Event 41, Kernel-power; keeps shouting down and restarting my laptop every other day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top-crashing-every-other-day/92e7671e-0f9c-40f5-ae85-489b46bab00a
  7. Top portion of monitor is occasionally flickering a black rectangle in everything other...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Top portion of monitor is occasionally flickering a black rectangle in everything other...: Hi, I have been trying to fix this for ages and no matter what I do it just keeps flickering. I have built the PC myself but I'm positive that this is a software issue otherwise i wouldn't be working just fine in fullscreen videogames. My monitor which is a ViewSonic...
  8. Top part of screen goes black

Top part of screen goes black: Hello, I have a problem with screen of my main monitor. Sometimes but many times after I maximize MS Word application the top of the screen goes black as the picture shows and its over all other applications, even when I close the word app. It covers all the controls of...
  9. Windows 10: Screen Randomly Goes Black Every Day

Windows 10: Screen Randomly Goes Black Every Day: 4 days ago upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home. Ever since that upgrade, I have random times every day where the screen randomly goes black while I'm using it. Goes black for around 10 seconds, then screen reappears. Nothing wrong with cables. Don't have to restart....
  10. BSOD every other day or so

BSOD every other day or so: Been getting these BSOD errors for a few days now, haven't able to figure it out 84327