Windows 10: Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm looking for a little bit of help please. There is a vertical portion of the screen on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marti_08, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Marti_08 Win User

Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a little bit of help please.

There is a vertical portion of the screen on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which is not responding to the touch or use of the Surface Pen. It is right down the middle of the screen, approximately 2 inches in width.

Would anyone be able to help me resolves this please?

Many thanks.

Marti

:)

Marti_08, Jul 27, 2020

2. Surface Book TouchScreen stop responding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provide.

Surface touchscreen: Problems with touch

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...leshoot-the-surface-touchscreen?os=windows-10

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it.

The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home.

Thank you for all suggestions.

jaburmester, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

1. Portion of touchscreen not responding on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Portion touchscreen responding

2. Surface Pro 7 touchscreen no longer responds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 touchscreen no longer responds: I've been a happy owner of a Microsoft Surface (w/ keyboard), purchased earlier this year. A few months in I began experiencing some touchscreen issues. The screen would become temporarily unresponsive after some moderately heavy usage, but it would always regain its...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer: Does Microsoft have a specific Touchscreen Driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-driver-for-surface-pro-4-computer/039d1ac3-d4bf-49ff-86ed-b4960b401e13
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  9. Adjusting touchscreen sensitivity on a Surface Pro 4?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adjusting touchscreen sensitivity on a Surface Pro 4?: I'm not sure what category this fits under, so it's under general. I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family and she's mentioned that she finds the touchscreen very difficult to make work - having to press quite hard (which may not be that hard by most...
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...