Windows 10: Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver

Discus and support Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, On my new laptop Ryzen 5 + Vega 8 Windows 10 won't let me select the correct resolution for mycheap 2k LCD panel. The laptop supports up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seneral, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Seneral Win User

Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver

Hello,

On my new laptop Ryzen 5 + Vega 8 Windows 10 won't let me select the correct resolution for mycheap 2k LCD panel.

The laptop supports up to 4k@30 over that HDMI port so I suppose 2k@50 should not pose a problem.
    The panel is in portrait mode 1440x2560 yes, vertical with a refresh rate of 49.999Hz.

It or rather the driver board behind it does not support downscaling or anything fancy, only it's native resolution.
    It has worked on my main PC /w Nvidia GPU before on Windows 10 and still works on that PC with Linux don't have windows 10 on it anymore.

I've tried reinstalling the GPU drivers and display drivers to no avail.
    I tried the CustomResolutionUtility and it automatically detects the proper resolution just fine:

Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver 220de22b-3815-4f53-8573-faf2176134f9?upload=true.png

Unfortunately messing around with that tool didn't actually fix anything.

So I tried setting that as a custom resolution in the radeon software settings by copying the parameters:
    Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver 4a8d76ff-25c3-48b1-8dad-0b5183352221?upload=true.png

leading into an error "Custom resolutions settings are not compatible with this display" and yes I picked the correct display.

Note: Presentation let's me chose between Progressive and Interlaced so it corresponds to the interlaced toggle in CRU. Also tried Refresh rate of 49.999 with no difference

This is what Radeon software thinks the display supports similarily to windows, which also lets me select 1920x1080 only:

Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver 8b1b44c2-60b9-4a67-afc0-9e996b6bd746?upload=true.png

What's up with this disparity in specs and how can I fix it? Did I enter the custom settings wrong? Again, the LCD is fine albeit probably not properly supported. It works in Linux out of the box, without even a hitch. I might try live-booting linux on the laptop and try it on the laptop's hardware, will update when I do.

Thanks for any insights into this topic!

:)

Seneral, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 8, 2020
  4. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Portrait lcd panel resolution not detected by driver - Similar Threads - Portrait lcd panel

2. Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD....: Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD. et-2850 WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-controlsmart-panel-feature-for-the-pc/6395307c-7e89-4a17-b461-f529ca3e8528
  3. Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD....: Is there a control/smart panel feature for the PC? Tired of trying to read the 2" LCD. et-2850 WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-controlsmart-panel-feature-for-the-pc/6395307c-7e89-4a17-b461-f529ca3e8528
  4. Drivers and screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers and screen resolution: Hi there, I would like to better the resolution on my Lenovo Yoga 330 but dont really know if it is possible for this model. Presetly at 1366x768 but would really like to go up to1920x1080. Do I change the screen or the driver or both? Would really appreciate some advise....
  5. Rear Panel Headphone Cable Not Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rear Panel Headphone Cable Not Detected: Recently got a set of PC37X headphones. They have a microphone and front speaker connector. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it shows that only the microphone cable is connected. They work at the front panel but don't sound great. I've tried remapping the ports, changing...
  6. LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode

LCD Not Detected on PC HDMI Port after SLEEP mode: I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce...
  7. HDMI LCD Not Detected after SLEEP mode

HDMI LCD Not Detected after SLEEP mode: I have a windows 10 (1809, 17763.316) that the 2nd LCD works at boot time, but as soon as the PC goes into sleep mode the 2nd display never awakes. Only a reboot restores the 2nd display. It is only the HDMI port with this issue. The DisplayPort has no issues. I can reproduce...
  8. Intel Copper Harbor is a dual-screen Windows 10 prototype with LCD panels

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Copper Harbor is a dual-screen Windows 10 prototype with LCD panels: The PC and smartphone makers are betting big on dual-screen devices concept. Microsoft is reportedly working on a dual-screen Andromeda project, Samsung is also preparing its own foldable mobile device and Huawei is planning to launch a similar phone next year. Back in June,...
  9. Jacks on back panel are not detected

Jacks on back panel are not detected: I have updated my OS from build 9879 to 10130. As always the back panel jacks weren't detected so I went to the regedit and looked for 'ForceDisableJD'. (worked in previous builds.) And there's the problem. I have no value 'ForceDisableJD' in...
  10. Windows cannot detect monitor resolution. No EDID detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows cannot detect monitor resolution. No EDID detected: I bought LG 23MP67HQ as my second monitor because it has HDMI input. Tested OK and well at the shop. It has two display input, VGA and HDMI. My first monitor has VGA and DVI port. My graphics card is ASUS STRIX GTX960. Which has three display ports, One HDMI and one DVI....