Windows 10: Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?

Discus and support Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a mbr partition style and use BIOS system. I shrank volume C:\ to make a new partition for linux. Linux partitions are detected as primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by charityAMG, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?

Hi, I have a mbr partition style and use BIOS system. I shrank volume C:\ to make a new partition for linux. Linux partitions are detected as primary partition by windows and they're on the left side of windows's recover partition. Is it fine? Both windows and linux work without any problem? Thanks.

:)

charityAMG, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Windows Tech Preview dual boot

Is it possible to dual boot with Windows 10 and Linux? I had Windows installed on the entire disk. I went to disk management to create a partition for Linux (30 GB). When setting up the partition in Ubuntu, the whole disk was; however, no partition was even displayed. You know, how Ubuntu uses colors for different partition types.. the whole thing was gray or white.

Did I do something wrong?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?

Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?

1. Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10? - Similar Threads - Position type linux

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  5. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  6. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  8. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  9. Dual boot Windows with Linux

Dual boot Windows with Linux: Is there a tutorial here (I didn't find, so maybe in another place there's a good tutorial?) on how to be able to install both Linux and Windows 10 on my laptop's hard drive? So that when I restart my laptop I will be able to choose from either Windows 10 or Linux? I did...
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...