Windows 10: Posready is better than esu or posready is same

Discus and support Posready is better than esu or posready is same in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Posready is for bank atm only or what i dont understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jul 11, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

Posready is better than esu or posready is same

Posready is for bank atm only or what i dont understand

:)

sanyijani, Jul 11, 2021
  2. wittmann Win User

Posready

OK, its been around since last May, but it seems to be a touchy subject with Forums. They either delete the thread or lock it. Well lets see what "No Nonsense" does.

It is the only time in my experience that a hacker has produced something that benefits many thousands of users who hang on to their beloved Windows XP like I do. This simple hack gives the user and extra 5 years of MS support until 2019 for free. Business users have to pay MS for this extension.

See :-

Registry hack enables continued updates for Windows XP | ZDNet

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...p-hack-resurrects-patches-for-retired-os.html

It all obviously amounts to :-

"Bring up regedit. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\. Create a new Key called PosReady. Right click the new key and add a new DWORD with the value 1. Then go through the Windows Update procedure and a list of back updates will be listed, which you install."

I presume that from then on, Windows XP updates will be applied automatically as normal. It looks like you have to do this :-

1. Start>run>regedit
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - expand
    3. SYSTEM - expand
    4. WPA is at bottom of SYSTEM list
    5. Create new key = Posready - right click
    6. Add new DWORD = 00000001

Question ? Ha anybody tried this and if so, does it work ?

wittmann, Jul 11, 2021
  3. File Based Write Filter Provider for Windows 7 Embedded POSReady

Is there a place where can I download File Based Write Filter Provider for Windows 7 Embedded POSReady? In Misrosoft's download center I only found "File Based Write Filter Provider for Windows Embedded POSReady 2009" Posready is better than esu or posready is same :(

MilosHorka, Jul 11, 2021
  4. wittmann Win User

Posready

My XP is working impeccably and as long as it does it stays.

There is plenty a good tune played on an old fiddle.

All I have heard so far here is to dump XP. With a global market share of almost 24% nearly a quarter of world OS usage, so I am not alone. Such advise is ludicrously irresponsible..

This thread is about keeping it going, not dumping it.

And regardless of the negative comments so far, my information is that Posready does in general work successfully. I could not care less about any EULA`s, legal considerations or violations. If I have to hack it, I will hack it, just like many thousands more XP enthusiasts will do and there is nothing anybody can do about it.
    Congratulations to the brilliant hacker who made it all possible.

If all I am going to get from this subject on this Forum is advice to dump XP, then I appeal to some Mod to close the thread, I am just wasting my time.

wittmann, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Posready is better than esu or posready is same - Similar Threads - Posready better esu

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  6. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  7. Anything better than VMWare Workstation?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anything better than VMWare Workstation?: I thought it's the best, I tried it the other day and found it not very user friendly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access files that are on my computer in the VM and even the drag/drop file function didn't work as it had a stop sign sign Is there a better...
  8. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?: From FIRST INSTALLTION of any particular version of Windows, or other amenable operating system, use AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the Partition, or Migrate the Operating System, to another drive. If, at some future occasion, your system acquires mysterious problems that...
  9. Support for Windows Embedded Standard & Windows Embedded POSReady 2009

in Windows 10 News
    Support for Windows Embedded Standard & Windows Embedded POSReady 2009: Microsoft would like to remind the community that support for Windows Embedded Standard 2009 ended January 10, 2019 and that support for Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 will end on April 9, 2019. For customers still maintaining these platforms, Microsoft recommends that you...
  10. puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    puzzeled --54 mbs gets better throughput than 800mps on SAME download: Hi folks always knew Windows networking was of the same order as a Harry Potter Wizard -- Two machines on different networks 1) Bog standard "G" wireless network ch 11 @2.4 GHZ network wifi card says 54 mbs speed --OK no prob. 2) second computer -- 5 GHZ network with...