Windows 10: Possbile Issues with Windows Defender on Windows 10 1809 Pro

Discus and support Possbile Issues with Windows Defender on Windows 10 1809 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All Left Defender activated when I did my clean install, anyways decided to do my 3 month full scan, and shows -7440 Threats found? The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pat T, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Pat T Win User

Possbile Issues with Windows Defender on Windows 10 1809 Pro

Hi All

Left Defender activated when I did my clean install, anyways decided to do my 3 month full scan, and shows -7440 Threats found? The Threats Quarantine area shows nothing, Allowed THreats shows nothing, Malwarebytes Free finds nothing.

Is this related to my settings with Andy Ful's Configure Defender x64.exe little app

Settings are Attack Surface reduction rules as follows

Cloud Protection Level High

Cloud check time 50s

Pua protection enabled

ASR Rules

Block executable contest from email client and webmail

Impede Javascript and VBscript to launch executables

Should I turn off Attack Surface Reduction rules, and just use with with Pup Protection enabled and see how it goes? or reinstall 3rd party Avast Antivirus?

Temps and fans seem also louder for some reason, if nothing to worry on maybe just panciing as first time left it activated without reinstalling Avast yet

:)

Pat T, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 5, 2018
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possbile Issues with Windows Defender on Windows 10 1809 Pro - Similar Threads - Possbile Issues Defender

2. Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional: Is that possbile to upgrade Window 10 home to professional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possbile-to-upgrade-window-10-home-to/808b347a-ff09-4b88-bb9e-776a74b1d6f5
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1809 update to 1903 login issues

Windows 10 Pro 1809 update to 1903 login issues: Hello All, I'm running Windows 10 Pro ver. 1809, on 2 occasions I tried updating through Windows Update to ver. 1903, once the update has completed, I'm at the Windows login screen, but can't sign in. I type in my PIN or password and press ENTER, it says "Signing Out"...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: We are a small business (3 employees) and upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 back at the end of May. We have had nothing but problems. The latest one was due to some Windows updates which got automatically installed. We had to call our computer support...
  5. Windows 10 1809 issue

Windows 10 1809 issue: Hi, In October 2018, I got an update of 1809 windows 10 version in my dell laptop inspiron 14R. It automatically updated to new update and asked me for restart for feature update. I finished my work and restarted my laptop. It finished installing updates and laptop switched...
  6. Issue with external disk and windows 10 pro 1809

Issue with external disk and windows 10 pro 1809: Hi, I have been looking about this bug but I did not find info about. So, I will detail the problem. I installed Windows 10 pro 1803 in my new PC and all was really good I have one external disk segate 2TB and no problem with them. However with the last update 1809 I got...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Feature Update Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 Feature Update Activation Issue: Hi, I have updated my Windows 10 Pro with feature update 1809 yesterday (via Windows Update). However after the update, the windows is prompting me that my Windows is not activated. I went to the Activation Troubleshooter but the issue still persisted. I opened up the...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1809 error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 error: My computer is the Fujitsu LifeBook E8310 On disk "C" I have installed Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate Before I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 1809, when I was running a PC, it was my choice which of the two OSs should be started. Upgrade gives me a choice between 2 (two) Win 10!...
  9. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 1809

Windows 10 Pro 1809: Good Morning, I have been fighting the Microsoft Update issue for over a month, have tried all things posted and to no avail. The troubleshooter finds nothing, I tried starting BITS before updating and continually I get error codes. Does anyone actually have a fix for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender windows 10 1809

2. windows defender for windows 10 1809

3. windows 10 1809 crashs when I do a virus scan

4. fix windows defender policies windows10 1809,
  5. windows defender 1809 quarantine,
  6. windows 10 pro 1809 cant show windows defender,
  7. defender quarantine 1809,
  8. Windows Defender with 1809