Windows 10: Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive?

Discus and support Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; now im a computer tec and i know that memory cards and hdd are sold as "base 10" like 1gb=1000mb to them instead of 1024mb but im revisiting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive?

now im a computer tec and i know that memory cards and hdd are sold as "base 10" like 1gb=1000mb to them instead of 1024mb but im revisiting this question because i was looking into this for some time now and there are some people claiming thats its possible to use more then actual memory on these devices. now i saw a thread a while back, cant find it now though but these people say that its possible with some mods to get more memory out of your device. now from what i remember this apparently does not go without risk. They say if you push it too far you could damage your Drive/ card.
    I believe this is possible because on Compact Disk and dvd's some drives have a "overburn" feature. This overburn has a ability to burn a little past the standard limit at your own risk. one more thisn i remember is that this was mainly done in the linux OS. anyone know anything on the subject?

:)

xdarkmario, Feb 10, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Which file system for SD Card is better working on Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile? NTFS or FA32?

Nearly all of the information you've found has to do with system hard drives, not flash drives/cards. They are very different animals, and using NTFS on a flash drive can actually make some things worse. I suggest you do a little more research and try
    reading for comprehension.

JimWynne, Feb 10, 2016
  3. jamesWal Win User
    Reset button

I was able to free up nearly 3GB of space on the hard drive. Pity I couldn't get the installation through the flash drive.

jamesWal, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive?

1. Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive? - Similar Threads - Possibility Nearly memory

2. Fluctuating Hard Drive Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fluctuating Hard Drive Memory: I get on my computer this morning and the hard drive memory is 696 gb later on the memory goes up to 698 gb. Since I got my computer it has always been like this. Memory will go down and then for some reason it will go up. What causes this to happen?...
  3. Fluctuating Hard Drive Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fluctuating Hard Drive Memory: I get on my computer this morning and the hard drive memory is 696 gb later on the memory goes up to 698 gb. Since I got my computer it has always been like this. Memory will go down and then for some reason it will go up. What causes this to happen?...
  4. Is it possible to transfer memory from an external SATA hard drive to an internal hard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to transfer memory from an external SATA hard drive to an internal hard...: Hello,I seek knowledge into finding out if this endeavour of mine can be solved. When I say to transfer memory from my external SATA hard drive to my PC's main internal hard drive, I would like to indicate that my main memory is full, and I have connected my external SATA...
  5. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  6. Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....

Ejecting Hard Drives and Flash Drives .....: Is it safe to keep hard drives and flash drives connected all the time (Windows 10), even when shutting down everyday ... ? Or should I use the Eject feature to be safe ... ? 128834
  7. Possible Hard Drive failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Hard Drive failure?: Hello, I recently came home to an extremely sluggish PC running windows 10. Managed to get to start>power menu and opted for 'restart and update'. 54% through the update and the PC reset and then didn't boot, just went to a black screen with an intermittently flashing...
  8. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...
  9. Fake memory on flash drives

Fake memory on flash drives: I have recently bought a 32gb micro sd card from eBay and was wondering if there is some kind of check I can do to make sure it has correct memory on it, I have heard that some of the sd, hard drives and flash cards from eBay are being faked and what looks like a 500gb hard...
  10. Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?

Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?: I'm trying to create a storage pool for parity with 4 3TB drives and use 3TB of a 4TB drive that also has my OS. When I go to create the pool the 4 3TB drives show up but the unallocated space on the 4TB with my OS doesn't show up. I have done some research and heard...