Windows 10: Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time

Discus and support Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Disclaimer: I'm not technically sure if this is due to 1909 or a program that installed. When i first upgraded to to 1909 last month, it was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryanGarccia1988, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time

Disclaimer: I'm not technically sure if this is due to 1909 or a program that installed.

When i first upgraded to to 1909 last month, it was working perfectly fine and had no problem, however in recent days i've been deeling with a very annoying problem that that the computer would freeze up when its idle for a certain ammount of time (at first It only happened while being idle), but know sometimes even freezes up while you're working on it, or even trying to reinstall Windows 10 through the Media Creation Tool.

Not sure what's causing this issue and not quite sure if its a issue due to the 1909 upgrade or due to a program, i installed. At first i thought it was due to the fact that i had both AVG and Avast installed so i uninstalled those programs, it was fine for a few days but then the freezing started up again.

Not sure what i can do to resolve this issue, i'm trying everything i can do, but even when i'm trying to reinstall the Windows 10 1909 upgrade through the media creation tool it actually freezes up because it thinks its "idle" even though its actively doing something.

It's quite annoying where once it freezes up you can't do anything, the only thing you can do is turn it off by pressing the power button.

Has anyone else had a similar problem where after you upgraded to 1909 your computer constantly freezes up after being idle for a certain amount of time?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

:)

BryanGarccia1988, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time

Computer freezes when idle

I started having this freezing issue about 3 months ago and is quite annoying. Whenever my computer is on idle from anywhere from 5 minutes to 14 hours my computer has a chance that it will freeze. Happened before Windows 10 and also with my original Windows
    7 copy and reinstalled Windows 7.

GarrettCranney, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time

1. Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time - Similar Threads - Possible 1909 issue

2. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  3. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  4. Creating a task that triggers after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a task that triggers after a certain amount of idle time.: I need Task Scheduler to run a script if my computer has been idle for 20 minutes. However, for some reason, when my computer idles for like 3 to 5 minutes, the task executes. Here are my settings:Am I missing something? I read this...
  5. Creating a task that triggers after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a task that triggers after a certain amount of idle time.: I need Task Scheduler to run a script if my computer has been idle for 20 minutes. However, for some reason, when my computer idles for like 3 to 5 minutes, the task executes. Here are my settings:Am I missing something? I read this...
  6. Creating a task that triggers after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  8. Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time: [ATTACH] This has been going on for about a month or so. After running my computer for an hour or so, most the applications will either shut down, or freeze entirely. Even if I'm not using my pc, and I leave chrome running in the background then it will still crash Chrome...
  9. Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time

Possible 1909 issue: Computer Freezing Up After Being Idle For A Certain Amount Of Time: READ ALL THE WAY! Disclaimer: I'm not technically sure if this is due to 1909 or a program that installed. When i first upgraded to to 1909 last month, it was working perfectly fine and had no problem, however in recent days I've been dealing with a very annoying problem...
  10. Computer Locks Up After Being Idle

Computer Locks Up After Being Idle: If I leave my PC idle for some time (not asleep) when I go back to it it's very slow The cursor movement is extremely laggy and I hear a beeping sound with every click (and the clicks do not register). I have to restart the PC, which is incredibly tedious. This happens very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 1909 computer freezes