Windows 10: Possible Bitcoin Miner

Discus and support Possible Bitcoin Miner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, for a while now I have had what I think a bitcoin miner on my PC but now I am deciding to do something about it, well, at least I tried to.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Advelisent, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Possible Bitcoin Miner

Hello, for a while now I have had what I think a bitcoin miner on my PC but now I am deciding to do something about it, well, at least I tried to. Basically, I recently installed Malwarebytes to see if it would pick up this "miner." This "miner" would use Notepad and it would use about 20% of my CPU that's why I assumed it was a bitcoin miner. Malwarebytes has picked up nothing in the virus scan. I removed Notepad from my PC as I didn't use it, but now I keep getting notifications from Malwarebytes of it blocking this website due to a "Trojan": pool-nyc.supportxmr.com

Malwarebytes also says the "Trojan" is coming from explorer.exe, but when I scan with this anti-virus it picks up nothing.

Possible Bitcoin Miner 8fcbbfc6-27c2-4f72-b6b1-3a00b25c2e51?upload=true.png

:)

Advelisent, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

About Bitcoin miners

Hi!

I am gonna buy a bitcoin miner probably the Antminer S1 180GH/s but first want to ask if there are cheap alternatives or suggestions on which to buy.

Lauri

Laurijan, Aug 19, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User

Possible Bitcoin Miner

Protecting yourself from In-Browser Miners

Thanks for pointing this out Cliff S. My wife was victim of one coin miner. And it wasn't restricted on the site viewing, but started with browser.

Special extensions that prevents coin mining are available for almost all of the browsers (Chrome, FF) out there. Also usual blocking extensions can be updated with coin mining lists like you mentioned for hosts file.

This is part of the list, if you go to FF extensions site and type coin in search:

AndreTen, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Possible Bitcoin Miner

1. Possible Bitcoin Miner - Similar Threads - Possible Bitcoin Miner

2. is this app a bitcoin miner or just normal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is this app a bitcoin miner or just normal: there is an app simply named "uninstall" with a weird logo and im confused on what it is, i accidentally downloaded some trojan viruses trying to get mods for a game i play, and ive quite recently been noticing "antimalware service executable" is taking up almost 100% of my...
  3. is this app a bitcoin miner or just normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this app a bitcoin miner or just normal: there is an app simply named "uninstall" with a weird logo and im confused on what it is, i accidentally downloaded some trojan viruses trying to get mods for a game i play, and ive quite recently been noticing "antimalware service executable" is taking up almost 100% of my...
  4. is this app a bitcoin miner or just normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  6. How to remove bitcoin miner

How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  7. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  8. How to remove bitcoin miner

How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  9. Can A BitCoin Miner Survive Data Erasure on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can A BitCoin Miner Survive Data Erasure on Windows 10?: Please Help! submitted by /u/Totogogo505 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imiyj4/can_a_bitcoin_miner_survive_data_erasure_on/
  10. Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor...: Hi everyone one, a few days ago I noticed my windows defender was turned off, I tried turning it back on but I couldn’t and some of the areas of it returned errors like "This setting is managed by your administrator". I found this suspicious since I am the admin of my PC and...