Windows 10: Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER

Discus and support Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am in the process of reporting and receiving possible assistance from Level 2 support for a bug I found with in my user account for Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elitest_Bickering, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER

I am in the process of reporting and receiving possible assistance from Level 2 support for a bug I found with in my user account for Windows 10. The problem is with the Hover feature that allows you to scroll the window selected by hovering the mouse directly over it. My particular account and PC is working a bit differently. Any window that is maximized will take control of the mouse pointer and at any time the pointer touches any part of that window, essentially causing the window you are trying to hover over to disappear behind it. The only workaround so far is to hold down the right button on the mouse when moving the pointer from the taskbar to the desired window. Level 1 was not able to support this issue so I am now waiting to hear from Level 2.

:)

Elitest_Bickering, Feb 7, 2019

2. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER

1. Possible BUG found. Never Reported. Level 2 Escalation MOUSE HOVER - Similar Threads - Possible BUG found

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  5. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  6. appointment with level 2 support and they never called me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    appointment with level 2 support and they never called me: I had a Level 2 support call to me scheduled for today @ 12:00 pm eastern standard time and it is now 1:30 pm and no call. case #1013494257 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appointment-with-level-2-support-and-they-never/e62d40f6-c2b6-4dd7-96d1-29665216e165
  7. Menu and mouse hover text color bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu and mouse hover text color bug: Greetings, I've installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, and I have a strange color bug I have never seen before. The text in the menus are covered by colors, I can't see the text. When I hover the mouse, the mouse pop up text is also covered. I attach two screenshots...
  8. Mouse hovering

Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  9. Taskbar hover bug

Taskbar hover bug: Hey all. I've been encountering a bug recently where taskbar icons remain highlighted after my mouse leaves. The issue is that the name of the app will then appear and stay until I smash the start button a few times or click elsewhere on the taskbar. Occasionally, the app...
  10. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...