Windows 10: Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

Discus and support Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe there may be a bug in the latest Windows 10 Update on December 14, 2020. Since the update, when my desktop computer goes to sleep and I "wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Starguy_Mark, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

I believe there may be a bug in the latest Windows 10 Update on December 14, 2020. Since the update, when my desktop computer goes to sleep and I "wake it up," my screen is black, but still shows all of my desktop icons, folders, and task bar items. However I am not able to click on them to open them or get to the internet. It is like the system is frozen and I am not able to look at or change the display settings while the screen is black. . I have to press Control - Alt - Delete to get to the task manager screen to restart my computer. The Windows icon in the lower left will not allow me to power down or restart from there. When I restart my computer, everything appears as normal and I am able to work or use the internet. But when the computer goes to sleep and then wakes up, the black screen appears. I have always displayed an image as my screen wallpaper and haven't made any changes to it.

I even resorted to unchecking the "Turn on fast startup" settings in the Power Options which didn't help. I ended up uninstalling the latest Windows 10 Update and restoring my computer to a date before the update twice now. I am not having any issues now with the screen appearing black after waking up. For the time being I have disabled the Windows Updates.

Is there a solution or could this be a bug in the latest update? Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

:)

Starguy_Mark, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

1. Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Possible Bug Latest

2. Possible problem with latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible problem with latest Windows 11 update: I can't get my keyboard to work. I bought a Protoarc Ek01-NL2 and a Logitech 350 keyboard. All 3 keyboards show up in Bluetooth and USB settings as connected but there is nothing when I type. A technician said there have been problems with the latest Windows update. Has...
  3. Possible problem with latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible problem with latest Windows 11 update: I can't get my keyboard to work. I bought a Protoarc Ek01-NL2 and a Logitech 350 keyboard. All 3 keyboards show up in Bluetooth and USB settings as connected but there is nothing when I type. A technician said there have been problems with the latest Windows update. Has...
  4. Bug in the latest windows update with printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug in the latest windows update with printing: After the last windows update, when i print from an email, it condenses the print to the upper left corner of the paper. It is not a problem with the HP printer because when i print the same email from an Apple laptop, it works fine. Is Microsoft aware of this problem? How...
  5. Possible BUG? -- How to remove Keyboard Layouts in the latest Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible BUG? -- How to remove Keyboard Layouts in the latest Windows 10 update?: Good day. I just noticed today that there are keyboard layouts that I did not install/setup. I've been going in circles with the Windows 10 settings and the Keyboard Layouts I want to remove are nowhere to be found. How can I remove these unwanted Keyboard Layouts? Here...
  6. Possible .NET update bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible .NET update bug?: I think the most recent NET update (KB4565633, issued about 3 days ago for 1909 systems) might have broken something on my system. The update appeared to go off without a hitch. However, the next day, I started my computer, and Chromium Edge immediately began crashing...
  7. Possible Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Latest update bug

Windows Latest update bug: During the latest update version 1809 it failed to update it acted weird, by changing the default output from my Graphics card to my htc vive, this caused a whole mess of problems, in the end my computer crashed 3 times and needed to be recovered from an earlier backup I...
  9. latest update bug.

latest update bug.: I have gone back and forth, three times with installing and using restore point to clear this update. 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for 64-based System (KB4512941). This update is slowing down windows. After installing, I click on a short cut on...
  10. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...