Windows 10: Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

Discus and support Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bhanley01, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bhanley01 Win User

Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this.

Looking for some help in this matter.

Thank you.

:)

bhanley01, Aug 15, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Cortana and Search Bar Bugs

Okay, so after upgrading to Windows 10, I was looking around to see all the new features and I noticed something, the Search Bar on the task bar was missing. I right click on the task bar, hover over "Search" and only two options showed
    up on the sub-menu: "Hidden" and "Show Search Icon". I looked around the web to find a solution but couldn't find a thing. Also, Cortana always does a Bing search for every single command (EX: "Tell me a joke" always ends up with a Bing result.).
    I really need some help with these issues because I was really hyped for Cortana and new Search Features, but I didn't get those two.

Yes, I live in The US.

NextGenNitron, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

1. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP - Similar Threads - Possible Bug Search

2. Need some help with a possible bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with a possible bug: I recently reset my old pc which was working fine until i reset it. It always give me screen saying what kind of country im in and what keyboard, ect. I click next and it gives me a screen saying i cant get in and had to update the pc so i click next and it gives me a just a...
  3. Possible Bug?

Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  4. [BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1

[BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1: So, I just updated my PC to 19041.208 and the settings header doesn't show my profile photo. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else. Interestingly enough, if I sign in with my Microsoft account, it does show up. submitted by /u/DominusLux [link] [comments]...
  5. help search bar

help search bar: [ATTACH] type here to search is gone from the search bar https://preview.redd.it/nvw4bbqgjqy41.jpg?width=348&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6f3b29e2e6e7d24f4d5504ae2ad90a733de98cdb submitted by /u/NiceIndependent6 [link] [comments]...
  6. Searching bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching bug: Hello, When i try to make a search for an app, i receive this gray screenplease see the pictures below. Any solution to solve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-bug/96d5dcf4-1265-4619-8f4d-081a3a677f7d
  7. Windows Search bar bug/glitch

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar bug/glitch: Hello everyone. I have an issue which has been bothering me for the past month and it is very annoying. I don't really know how i need to explain it but i made a video of it. Here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVt-tHQ6ROM If you know how i need to fix this, please leave...
  8. KB4522016 Start menu search bar bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4522016 Start menu search bar bug: After installing KB4522016 I can't type in the search bar to the right of the Windows button. After uninstalling the update it works again, but my company's security policy keeps pushing it down to me. Anyone having this issue or have a fix?...
  9. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?: Hello. Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click any visible Help button during a normal Windows session, such as in File Explorer. Normally, this brings up the Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...