Windows 10: Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

Discus and support Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bhanley01, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bhanley01 Win User

Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this.

Looking for some help in this matter.

Thank you.

:)

bhanley01, Aug 15, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Cortana and Search Bar Bugs

Okay, so after upgrading to Windows 10, I was looking around to see all the new features and I noticed something, the Search Bar on the task bar was missing. I right click on the task bar, hover over "Search" and only two options showed
    up on the sub-menu: "Hidden" and "Show Search Icon". I looked around the web to find a solution but couldn't find a thing. Also, Cortana always does a Bing search for every single command (EX: "Tell me a joke" always ends up with a Bing result.).
    I really need some help with these issues because I was really hyped for Cortana and new Search Features, but I didn't get those two.

Yes, I live in The US.

NextGenNitron, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

1. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP - Similar Threads - Possible Bug Search

2. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  3. Windows search bug?

in Cortana
    Windows search bug?: When I am trying to find something by searching in that windows bar I get just some folders and links. [ATTACH] Instead of getting This PC I get this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bug/a3ccf0f7-3155-4b96-9cce-1dbf5901fe1b"
  4. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....
  5. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?: Hello. Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click any visible Help button during a normal Windows session, such as in File Explorer. Normally, this brings up the Windows 10...
  6. Bug Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Help: What does this mean? The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffbbd2849c9000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff802850f9cbb, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 4a6fe416-009b-4901-aadb-3743c26dabd6....
  7. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  8. Possible Blue Screen bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible Blue Screen bug: Once upon a time there was a blackout in my home. I was bored because I had nothing to do because my phone was low battery but then I remembered I had a laptop. I had low battery so I turned on Battery Saver and Airplane Mode then my laptop froze and I got the Blue Screen. I...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...