Windows 10: Possible bug with Mail App

Discus and support Possible bug with Mail App in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so I just got a fake junk email to my regular inbox. I have swipe options ON and to the left means "move to junk". I tried to do the swipe, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/latisullivan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Possible bug with Mail App

Hey, so I just got a fake junk email to my regular inbox. I have swipe options ON and to the left means "move to junk". I tried to do the swipe, and I remember they worked well, but now for some reason it detaches de mail from the list as if you were moving an object, instead of sliding it to the left or right.

Do you know what this could be about? I'm on Windows 10 updated completely, version 2004. If this is a bug I'll update flair, and if it gets solved, same thing lol.

submitted by /u/latisullivan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/latisullivan, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Possible bug with Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 28, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Possible bug with Mail App

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Possible bug with Mail App

1. Possible bug with Mail App - Similar Threads - Possible bug Mail

2. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  3. Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with built-in Mail app in Windows 11: This just never goes away.It was like this on Windows 10 and continues to be a bug on Windows 11 as well.After a few days, it just goes away by itself. But after a couple of days, it starts doing it again.When there's literally 0 mail, nothing in inbox, sent, draft, trash or...
  4. Possible bug with Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible bug with Photos: [ATTACH] Is this a problem that should be looked at or am I just overly concerned? Thanks in advanced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-bug-with-photos/9755327f-5632-45f6-bed1-863269af0726
  5. Mail app commercial use possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app commercial use possible?: I would like to use Mail app in the Windows 10 for my business email account. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it. Licence of the app redirects to some page with licence for "Office Mobile Apps" from 2015 and there is stated that license is personal/non-commercial only....
  6. Possible Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  7. mail app password bug???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app password bug???: I added a new email to my windows 10 mail app. I already have 3 email accounts that work fine. The new account (it's an aol email) crashes and keeps asking me to "update my password". I do, repeatedly, and it keeps crashing and asking again. None of the suggested "fixes"...
  8. Two bugs in the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Two bugs in the Mail App: Hello, I'm experiencing 2 annoying bugs in the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 x64 Pro. I'm not sure if this is a fault at my end or not. 1. I have linked a Gmail account in the Windows Mail app and have chosen to put the category "Concepts" of that account in the...
  9. [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail: i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so... - tried to use pop3, as in live mail, but after a refresh the previously downloaded messages just disappear from mail app - tried...
  10. Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to have subfolders of the Inbox in the Mail app?: I am just about to convert my main machine to Windows 10 from 7. In 7 I use the Outlook part of Office 2013. I have developed a method of keeping my mail in subfolders of the Inbox. I have tried to create subfolders in the Inbox of the Mail app but cannot see how to. I...