Windows 10: Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

Discus and support Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wb8979, Apr 29, 2019.

1. wb8979 Win User

Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

Hello.

Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click any visible Help button during a normal Windows session, such as in File Explorer. Normally, this brings up the Windows 10 help page in your default browser like it should. Sometimes I click this button by accident, and just close the Help window and go on with my work.

However, I noticed that when you restart your computer following a Windows session where the Help button was clicked, my default browser will open up during startup and display the Windows 10 help page again. I observed that this behavior isn't linked to a specific web browser. I can reproduce this issue by again clicking the Help button in File Explorer or any other system application, close it, and restart the PC. The Windows 10 help page will again reappear on startup.

If I restart my PC after a session when the Help button wasn't clicked, the Windows 10 Help page won't appear at all during startup.

Is this a Windows 10 Bug of some sort that hasn't been fixed yet? This particular bug has occurred in several older Windows 10 releases, and I'm curious as to whether any other Windows 10 users have encountered this issue.

:)

wb8979, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? :)

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

1. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? - Similar Threads - Possible bug Help

2. Bug check help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug check help: Hi, As I am almost at my wits end I have succumbed to Forum help. Here is the low-down: All was working fine until last Thursday so I've spend the last few days checking out various BSOD. My Mini-ITX build was working very well (including saving out large 12GB PSB files). I...
  3. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...
  4. Bug Help

Bug Help: What does this mean? The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffbbd2849c9000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff802850f9cbb, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 4a6fe416-009b-4901-aadb-3743c26dabd6....
  5. Help with NDIS_DRIVER bug

Help with NDIS_DRIVER bug: Hi I received the BSOD that said "BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER' - it has happened a few times since I updated my system. I am running win 10 on a Thinkpad W540. I got hold of the minidump associated with the error, and the MSinfo event description (also below) and then also did a...
  6. Possible Blue Screen bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible Blue Screen bug: Once upon a time there was a blackout in my home. I was bored because I had nothing to do because my phone was low battery but then I remembered I had a laptop. I had low battery so I turned on Battery Saver and Airplane Mode then my laptop froze and I got the Blue Screen. I...
  7. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button...Is it possible to change?: I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for changing the Win10 start button. Has anyone had any luck?...or, for that matter, even tried? Thanks for any input. Guess I...
  8. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP: I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this. Looking for some help in this matter. Thank you. 60423
  9. Help please: is it possible to remove windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help please: is it possible to remove windows 10: Is it possible to remove a new computers windows 10 operating system..how can it be done and what do I need TIA 67890
  10. Windows 10 taskbar bug please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar bug please help: Hi, I am having this bug for windows 10 taskbar and it is really annoying please help. This is a normal screen [img] This is a bug screen [img] if you look carefully, the taskbar have some kind of graphic crash causing overlapping of buttons. This does disappear...