Windows 10: Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

Discus and support Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wb8979, Apr 29, 2019.

1. wb8979 Win User

Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

Hello.

Every now and then, I run across an issue regarding the Windows 10 Help button that I can easily reproduce. This issue occurs whenever I click any visible Help button during a normal Windows session, such as in File Explorer. Normally, this brings up the Windows 10 help page in your default browser like it should. Sometimes I click this button by accident, and just close the Help window and go on with my work.

However, I noticed that when you restart your computer following a Windows session where the Help button was clicked, my default browser will open up during startup and display the Windows 10 help page again. I observed that this behavior isn't linked to a specific web browser. I can reproduce this issue by again clicking the Help button in File Explorer or any other system application, close it, and restart the PC. The Windows 10 help page will again reappear on startup.

If I restart my PC after a session when the Help button wasn't clicked, the Windows 10 Help page won't appear at all during startup.

Is this a Windows 10 Bug of some sort that hasn't been fixed yet? This particular bug has occurred in several older Windows 10 releases, and I'm curious as to whether any other Windows 10 users have encountered this issue.

:)

wb8979, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? :)

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons?

1. Possible bug with Windows 10 Help buttons? - Similar Threads - Possible bug Help

2. Windows 10 On an Omen PC, Possible Update Bug? Help, Urgent!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 On an Omen PC, Possible Update Bug? Help, Urgent!: So, for the last week or two I've had a strange refresh happening when I have an internet browser open. I've used both Google Chrome and Edge, both do the same thing. I can be surfing youtube or doing homework and the page will just automatically take me back to the home...
  3. Windows 10 On an Omen PC, Possible Update Bug? Help, Urgent!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 On an Omen PC, Possible Update Bug? Help, Urgent!: So, for the last week or two I've had a strange refresh happening when I have an internet browser open. I've used both Google Chrome and Edge, both do the same thing. I can be surfing youtube or doing homework and the page will just automatically take me back to the home...
  4. Windows 10 On an Omen PC, Possible Update Bug? Help, Urgent!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Possible bug with Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible bug with Photos: [ATTACH] Is this a problem that should be looked at or am I just overly concerned? Thanks in advanced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-bug-with-photos/9755327f-5632-45f6-bed1-863269af0726
  6. Need some help with a possible bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with a possible bug: I recently reset my old pc which was working fine until i reset it. It always give me screen saying what kind of country im in and what keyboard, ect. I click next and it gives me a screen saying i cant get in and had to update the pc so i click next and it gives me a just a...
  7. Possible Windows 10 Sound Problem/Bug ?

Possible Windows 10 Sound Problem/Bug ?: Hello there, for the last couple of months i encountered the following problem : Discord (which i use primarily), Skype and Teamspeak 3 (and possible other similar programs) have two sliders in windows volume mixer. One for other peoples voices (which i have at 50%) and one...
  8. Possible Bug?

Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  9. [BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1

[BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1: So, I just updated my PC to 19041.208 and the settings header doesn't show my profile photo. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else. Interestingly enough, if I sign in with my Microsoft account, it does show up. submitted by /u/DominusLux [link] [comments]...
  10. Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible Bug - Search Bar - HELP: I have a Surface Pro and use a Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse 80% of the time. The system constantly jumps to a search bar by itself and I do not know how to get rid of this. Looking for some help in this matter. Thank you. 60423