Windows 10: Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve

Discus and support Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last month my hard drive displayed a number of issues: requiring to be scanned and fixed before the pc is fully turns on, to being unable to be safely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Wittman, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve

Last month my hard drive displayed a number of issues: requiring to be scanned and fixed before the pc is fully turns on, to being unable to be safely removed through normal methods to stalling- to becoming totally unresponsive. Recently messages stating that the drive couldn't be identified and even the scanning process took longer than originally. Now, it repeatedly says that the error couldn't be resolved; previous attempts to defragment and scan for issues failed. Is my hardrive corrupted? If so, how to resolve?

:)

Daniel Wittman, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Kusimeka Win User

Hardrive Dead - Anyway to recover Data?

Hi, my fathers computer's hardrive died last night (atleast, i think so) the computer will just start up and once it gets to the windows loading screen, will just restart, i tried to put the hardrive in my computer and access it to get his files, but when i try it just sais that it's corrupted.

I know there have been ways to recover data even when the hardrive has died / corrupted, is it possible i could do this?

Thanks.

Kusimeka, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 3, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve

1. Possible corrupt hardrive. Best way to resolve - Similar Threads - Possible corrupt hardrive

2. Best way for 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way for 23H2: Since it's been 3 months since the release, I'm now thinking I should use one of the methods to manually update. I seem to have Co-Pilot working but still on version 22H2. So, there's an enablement package, ISO, and Installation Assistant. Which of the three would be...
  3. What is the best way to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows updates not installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows updates not installing...: "I'm having trouble installing Windows updates on my computer. Every time I try to install updates, they fail and I get an error message. What could be causing this issue, and what steps can I take to troubleshoot and fix it? I'm using Windows 10 and have tried restarting my...
  4. What is the best way to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows updates not installing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows updates not installing...: "I'm having trouble installing Windows updates on my computer. Every time I try to install updates, they fail and I get an error message. What could be causing this issue, and what steps can I take to troubleshoot and fix it? I'm using Windows 10 and have tried restarting my...
  5. What is the best way to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows updates not installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  7. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  8. Best way to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to update: What is the most trouble free way to update Windows? Regular ol' Windows Update, Update Assistant or ISO? 139744
  9. Best way for Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for Updates: Hello all, did a Google search and just can't find a lot of answers on this so here I am Right now using WHdownload to keep up with updates,not sure this is the best way to go. Have 3 computer in house so moving updates from one to other to save data downloading. When...
  10. Best Way To Fix Corrupt Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way To Fix Corrupt Install: I think we've got a corrupt Win10 install here. A new Seagate drive had bad sectors maybe. Had all sorts of problems. So I reckon a reinstall or something. What would be the recommended way of going about this? 81415