Windows 10: Possible Device Location Mistake?

Discus and support Possible Device Location Mistake? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 running on a laptop. I am 85% sure that my laptop is under a stack of books I have been organizing When I go to "Microsoft ->... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BenRup, Nov 30, 2020.

1. BenRup Win User

Possible Device Location Mistake?

I have Windows 10 running on a laptop.

I am 85% sure that my laptop is under a stack of books I have been organizing

When I go to "Microsoft -> Find my device" I get: "Mumbai Null Bazar, Maharashtra"

I want to check if perhaps this address gets frequently reported as a default or as part of some other process, as it is really hard to think of a time or place where my computer could have been stolen I am on the East Coast US.

Perhaps there is a service center or central hub in this location it is in India, and that is why my computer is being reported there?

Thank you!

Edit: for instance I can see that MS has a software development office in Maharashtra.

:)

BenRup, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Locate device

Hello,

Are these the steps you're doing when trying to locate your device?

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      . If you're asked to sign in, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in to the lost device.
    • Choose your device from the list, then select Find my device.
    • You'll see a map with a highlighted location. However, this may not be your device's current location. When a Microsoft device is turned on, we periodically save your device location, so check the
      Last seen at timestamp.
    • In the meantime, we'll automatically start a new search. Wait a bit and the new device location should appear.

You can also have the option of locking the device to render it useless unless that the person knows your credentials. Here's how:

• When you find your device on the map, select Lock > Next.
    • Type a lock-screen message for anyone who finds your device to see.
    • Select Lock. Note that anyone who finds your locked device can't sign in unless they are an admin for a Microsoft account already on the device.
    Reset your password
    Once your device is locked, you should reset your password for added security. Select
    Reset password and follow the instructions.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Possible Device Location Mistake? - Similar Threads - Possible Device Location

2. Device Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Location: Hello!I now have another problem, my device location in my Microsoft Account is where it was first built.How can change this to show it's actual location whee i live, please?...
  3. Device Location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Location: Hello!I now have another problem, my device location in my Microsoft Account is where it was first built.How can change this to show it's actual location whee i live, please?...
  4. Locating Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locating Device: While viewing my registered devices listed in microsoft account page, it says that the information to locate my device was never updated. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-device/2a7a57a7-dfba-4170-bf35-df6cd4a56ca6
  5. Location for this device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location for this device: I have several apps that use location detection. The setting for the Location of this device is on. The problem is that the location detected is Quincy California, 100 miles NNE from where I am. How can I get the PC to select is actual location....
  6. Locate Device

Locate Device: I noticed that my device location was showing an old address. On selecting update it has come up with an address unknown to me and many miles away from where I live. My device has not been stolen. Can you explain this please?...
  7. Locate device

Locate device: It no longer gives me the option to locate one of my devices but it used to. Its only one out of my 4 registered devices with the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-device/c37f59f6-76fb-4593-b14b-d9f30501de11
  8. Locating possible memory leakage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locating possible memory leakage: For the past few days I've been trying to figure out what program seems to be causing what appears to be a memory leak. My PC currently sits at anywhere from 6.2GB to 7.3GB on average at idle even after restarting it with my 8GB system. The closest i've gotten so far is using...
  9. Device location

Device location: Is there a way to be notified when one of my devices connects to the internet i had laptop stolen and been trying to track it but it hasnt connected to internet yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-location/3f9c3532-884a-4cca-92e8-56dae9be82f8"
  10. device manager uninstall by mistake

device manager uninstall by mistake: I was trying to get x-box one working reading old or misreading a site for help I deleted A network adapter uninstalled same thing I guess Can not get it back up or there's maybe a driver problem. Have internet now with vpn turn it off no internet I know I can probably...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mumbai null bazar maharashtra