Windows 10: Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs?

Discus and support Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this issue with my PC that’s been happening since moving my OS to an m.2. Whenever I start a game up and when it’s loading it my entire computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patandrade, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs?

I have this issue with my PC that’s been happening since moving my OS to an m.2. Whenever I start a game up and when it’s loading it my entire computer lags the mouse response time it’s like less then 1 FPS when trying to move it and the videos on my other monitor during the opening and loading completely lag and freeze up and then have to catch up after finishing loading. What I’ve done so far:

• Reformatted PC clean installed deleted everything off all hard drives

• Individually installed drivers

• Stayed away from uneccssary programs IE razer synapse and things like that

• Driver verifier to find BSODs

• Windows memory tester / memtest86 also

• Clean boot turning off services

• Hard drive tests

• Monitor all component temps

• Reapplied new thermal and reseated all components and even got a new mother board

• Stress tested everything

I’ve tried more I can’t think of this is driving me insane I’m ready to throw everything out and start over. I have videos I can show but I don’t think I can post them there

Specs:

• WIN10 Home

• I7 8700k

• RTX 2080

• 32gb vengeance pro 3000mhz

• M.2 Samsung pro with OS

Things I did find, Razer synapse was throwing BSOD when I was running driver verify and before that I received an error through the windows memory tester. After uninstalling Razer Synapse I wasn't getting anymore BSODs but it kept restarting my computer which I'm guessing driver verifier does that? Also the memory error went away on the windows Memory tester and I didn't get anything on Memtest86. Also after uninstalling it, it didn't correct the originally issue I was having so SOL

:)

patandrade, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Drivers possibly causing random computer freezes/crashes

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the random freeze/crash issue of your computer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

There is a possibility that some of your system files has been corrupted. We suggest that you try to run the
    System File Checker (SFC) scan and use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

SFC utility allows administrators to perform a scan of all protected resources to verify that they are the correct version. If SFC should find any incorrect versions in any of these protected resources, SFC will replace them with the correct versions, while
    DISM, it will resolve some damaged or corrupted system files that SFC can't repair.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 2, 2020
  4. aries117 Win User

Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs?

Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs?

1. Possible Driver Issue causing computer to freeze up when loading programs? - Similar Threads - Possible Driver Issue

2. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  3. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  4. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  5. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  6. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  8. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  9. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. new updates cause computer to freeze up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new updates cause computer to freeze up: You just installed updates KB2467173 KB 4580980 KB4023057 and now it always freezes up after various lengths of short time?????? so now what do I do?????...