Windows 10: Possible dying GPU?

Discus and support Possible dying GPU? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A while ago, while I was gaming on my laptop, I noticed suddenly my laptop screen, and secondary monitor, went black, then came back on, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L Mttrs, Jan 24, 2021.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Possible dying GPU?

Hi,

A while ago, while I was gaming on my laptop, I noticed suddenly my laptop screen, and secondary monitor, went black, then came back on, then went black again, then my game froze. I do not have too good of a GPU and was wondering if there's a possibility of it dying. My laptop is about 3 years old and the GPU is an IntelR HD Graphics 620, and I'm quite sure it is integrated. All I'm wanting to know is if it could be dying or not. Thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Jan 24, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 24, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Possible dying GPU?

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Possible dying GPU?

1. Possible dying GPU? - Similar Threads - Possible dying GPU

2. Think my gpu is dying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Think my gpu is dying: For the last few months I’ve had a problem where randomly the pixels on my screen would flicker then my pc would freeze and sometimes would reboot others it would go back to normal, today I decided to try and see what the problem was, some previous posts here before suggested...
  3. Think my gpu is dying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Think my gpu is dying: For the last few months I’ve had a problem where randomly the pixels on my screen would flicker then my pc would freeze and sometimes would reboot others it would go back to normal, today I decided to try and see what the problem was, some previous posts here before suggested...
  4. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  5. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?: Recently I had some weird problems with my computer, I started it up one day to see text disappear and come back. Not a big amount of letters but for example: RT_ 207_ SUP_R when it suppose to say RTX 2070 SUPER.If I drag my mouse over it, some letters come back but others...
  6. Drivers or Faulty GPU? Maybe dying PSU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it possible to add more vram for my gpu?: How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-add-more-vram-for-my-gpu/445a5af5-ce34-4e92-bd36-53c411296d43
  8. GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured: I have a 1 year old notebook PC and the model is FX505DT ASUS. It was working fine a day before I starts to get BSODs.It's in a very fast speed that it just flash after the screen freeze and I am not able to look the error code so I decided take a look at the event viewer....
  9. GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured

GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured: I have a 1 year old notebook PC and the model is FX505DT ASUS. It was working fine a day before I starts to get BSODs.It's in a very fast speed that it just flash after the screen freeze and I am not able to look the error code so I decided take a look at the event viewer....
  10. Why are my GPU's dying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why are my GPU's dying?: I got an RX 5700 Red Devil two weeks ago, flashed it with an XT BIOS and undervolted it slightly and it was totally stable (TimeSpy for ~20 minutes) and cool (~70°C).Applied a Windows update from the slow ring on Monday that was required for 20H1 as I've been trying to reset...