Windows 10: Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...

Discus and support Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After the most recent set of updates in Windows every time I open the start menu on a secondary monitor the primary start menu and taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ya_Boi_Hank, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...

Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely... e5KghBeWh15AVelRrQO6e3hTJqCTIxyxzUv1cUAQgPs.jpg

After the most recent set of updates in Windows every time I open the start menu on a secondary monitor the primary start menu and taskbar starts freaking out like in the gif and GPU/CPU usage ramps up to an extreme degree (upwards of 20-60% usage spikes). I do nothing other than just pressing the windows start menu button on a secondary monitor.

This initially was happening to another computer I have in the house so I thought it was just some kind of bug with the computer, but then I checked my own computer which does the same exact thing. This is across two different driver versions (my computer has an older version of nvidia drviers while the initial problem computer has fully up to date nvidia drivers).

Didn't start happening until the most recent update as I would have noticed this before since I use the start menu on my secondary monitor very often. Is anyone else experiencing this?

https://i.redd.it/hf9957iza1ja1.gif

submitted by /u/Ya_Boi_Hank
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ya_Boi_Hank, Feb 18, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 18, 2023
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 18, 2023
  4. Frogger Win User

Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...

Do I really need ATI's driver?

*Slap :slap: *Slap :slap: update update update everysingle possible driver *Rockout :rockout: *Rockout :rockout:

Frogger, Feb 18, 2023
Thema:

Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...

1. Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely... - Similar Threads - Possible explorer bug

2. Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?: Hello guys, I would like to ask if that's possible to have 2 windows OS on 2 separate hard drives and make them completely unaware of each other. I know there's plenty of info about this topic on the internet but i still have some questions even after reading quite a lot of...
  3. Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?: Hello guys, I would like to ask if that's possible to have 2 windows OS on 2 separate hard drives and make them completely unaware of each other. I know there's plenty of info about this topic on the internet but i still have some questions even after reading quite a lot of...
  4. Weird bug after newest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug after newest update: So yesterday I updated my pc, and I’ve turned my pc off and on 3 times sense then, and every time I type my password in on the windows login screen, the screen goes a grey/black screen for a good 5mins, Windows isn’t running cause when it comes back to normal it’s like I just...
  5. Possible .NET update bug?

Possible .NET update bug?: I think the most recent NET update (KB4565633, issued about 3 days ago for 1909 systems) might have broken something on my system. The update appeared to go off without a hitch. However, the next day, I started my computer, and Chromium Edge immediately began crashing...
  6. Possible Bug?

Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  7. [BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1

[BUG] [HELP] Possible bug with Settings header in 20H1: So, I just updated my PC to 19041.208 and the settings header doesn't show my profile photo. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else. Interestingly enough, if I sign in with my Microsoft account, it does show up. submitted by /u/DominusLux [link] [comments]...
  8. Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems and possible bug/flaw in wifi settings.: Found what I would best describe as a flaw or bug in the windows OS. You can set the IP address of ALL wifi connections under the adapter. But if you go into the WIFI connect properties and try to hard set a ip address instead of dhcp of A access point. The operating...
  9. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...
  10. File Explorer Setting Bugging Me

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting Bugging Me: I'm sure there is a setting to change this behavior within File Explorer, but I haven't found it yet. As an example, my Ripped CD Folders has 619 Subfolders within it. I prefer Details View, so when I open Ripped CDs, I have to scroll down to get very far through the list....