Windows 10: Possible Fake Login Screen?

Discus and support Possible Fake Login Screen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A computer i regularly use at work forced me to log in using my microsoft account today. This was unusual because i had been using this same PC for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Osoheil232, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Possible Fake Login Screen?

A computer i regularly use at work forced me to log in using my microsoft account today.

This was unusual because i had been using this same PC for months, never had to log in before. It used a local account without a password to login. occasionally, within this local account, i had to sign into the microsoft app store using my personal microsoft account in order to download some apps i needed, i would then immediately sign out of my microsoft account though my email was still on the machine.

One day, upon restarting the computer, I was presented a login screen i had never seen before, that had my personal microsoft email address and gave me no other option but to sign in using my password. I could not opt to sign into the local account, there were no options on the screen except to login using my personal microsoft email and password. I was confused and restarted the computer, but was confronted with the screen again.

Having no other choice i signed in using this screen, which brought me back to the normal desktop for the local account.

Later, I suspected this may have been a spoofed login screen in order to steal my password. I could never recreate the conditons that gave me this screen on other windows 10 PCs, and can find no online reference to windows 10 forcing you to login using MS account when you never had a user account setup on that PC.

What do you guys think? Thank you for your time.

:)

Osoheil232, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Possible Fake Login Screen?

1. Possible Fake Login Screen? - Similar Threads - Possible Fake Login

2. Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.: Removing it from startup and even uninstalling xbox apps completely is not getting rid of the gamepass advertisements.I dont want gamepass or the advertisements on my login screen, this is not startup it is before typing the password to enter windows. The service is disabled...
  3. Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.: Removing it from startup and even uninstalling xbox apps completely is not getting rid of the gamepass advertisements.I dont want gamepass or the advertisements on my login screen, this is not startup it is before typing the password to enter windows. The service is disabled...
  4. Fake UEFI Mode possibility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fake UEFI Mode possibility?: I have an Acer Aspire 4830TG running Windows 10 21H1 Pro. I recently used the MBR2GPT tool to convert my OS to GPT. Then I was asked to set BIOS to UEFI. I did, but the drive still doesn’t boot. Could it be possible that the UEFI mode is fake?...
  5. Possible fake windows notice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible fake windows notice: My computer is beeping and is locked , the background looks like a Microsoft Windows notification. The message states " you computer has been locked up ,your ip address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contain identity theft virus. To unlock...
  6. Possible fake windows notice

Possible fake windows notice: My computer began beeping and giving me a windows notice saying " your computer been locked up ,your ip address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contain identity theft virus....
  7. Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file: I created a zip file where I have hidden some passwords. I renamed the zip file to SomePhoto.jpg and put it among some pictures so nobody would mess with it: [ATTACH] The only problem is that the picture has no thumbnail like the other pictures in the folder. Is there a...
  8. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  9. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  10. Fake Update Screen

Fake Update Screen: I have an update screen when I log in which has been running for over 3 hours, must be a virus any help to remove would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-update-screen/857234e5-2e96-4498-8f85-44be21266d22"