Windows 10: Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005

Discus and support Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Here's what fixed errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005 in the Microsoft Store for me. It might not work for everyone, but it is what fixed them for me.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CommandCoded, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005

Here's what fixed errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005 in the Microsoft Store for me. It might not work for everyone, but it is what fixed them for me.

Error 0x800704cf:

Description:

Error 0x800704cf is when whatever process or thing can't connect to the internet properly. It'll usually say something like "You'll need the internet for this" or similar. Usually it happens even when your internet connection is good and works for everything else. It can lead to you not being able to install apps or even being able to sign in to the Microsoft Store.

Fix:

For me, I fixed it by signing out of my Microsoft account in settings, then signing back in.

Error 0x80070005:

Description:

Error 0x80070005 happens when you don't have proper access to do something. It can happen when trying to install/download products from the Microsoft Store. It can happen even when your account is set as an admin.

Fix:

I fixed it by signing into the default administrator account. You can switch accounts by opening the start menu, clicking the person icon, and clicking on the account you want to sign into at the bottom

:)

CommandCoded, Apr 8, 2021

2. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Error code 0x80070005 with Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to install Python 3.8 through the Microsoft store and getting the error 0x80070005. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to install other apps from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as Standard/Administrator user account?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Step 1: Fix the permissions of the Packages folder

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to this location:
      C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local
    2. Now in the Local folder, locate the Packages
      folder.
    3. Right click on Packages and select
      Properties.
    4. Click the Security Tab, then click
      Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed have full control.

Step 2: Reinstall Windows 10 Store app using PowerShell

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste this command, and then press Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process complete, restart the PC and check

Step 3: New User Administrator Account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Also, refer the suggestion by Bix2017 on December 03, 2019 in this

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005

Mel Tar, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005

1. Possible Fix for Microsoft Store Errors 0x800704cf and 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Possible Fix Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store Error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error 0x800704cf: When trying to sign in to the Microsoft Store, it gives me the error 0x800704cf while stating that I'm not connected to the internet, even though I've checked my internet connection and it works fine for everything else. I've tried running the troubleshooter, but it didn't...
  3. Microsoft Store error 0x80070005

Microsoft Store error 0x80070005: I just purchased a one dolor HVEC software to view videos on PC that you sometimes cannot see on the Microsoft store. This is something I have done before. Fore some reason on this computer I continuously get the error 0x80070005 which from what I have gather is an access...
  4. Microsoft Store Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Error 0x80070005: Hello! Im having an issue installing a app through the microsoft store. I keep getting the error 0x80070005. I have run the troubleshooter and reset the microsoft store app. Please help me fix this because Id like to install this app and I dont know whats causing it....
  5. Error 0x80070005 Microsoft Store

Error 0x80070005 Microsoft Store: Every time i try to download some new app from the Microsoft Store the download fail reporting the error 0x80070005, I have already try to clean the store's cache but it didn't work, someone can help me?...
  6. Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf

Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf: [ATTACH]Ive had this error for ages, trying to log in to my account on the windows store and any other windows product. It also says you'll need internet for this and i know im connected to the internet because im on youtube. I need help to try and fix this. I cannot reset my...
  7. Error 0x800704cf to connect at Microsoft Store

Error 0x800704cf to connect at Microsoft Store: I can't connect my account at Microsoft Store. A message appear : "You must be connected to the internet" "Error 0x800704cf" But i am connect to the internet, i am currently using it. Can you help me ?...
  8. error code: 0x800704cf in microsoft store

error code: 0x800704cf in microsoft store: when i tried to install GeoGebra in Microsoft store an error box appears saying that the action requires internet access, when I have the internet activated, I already did several tests to know if I have internet and from what I see, the microsoft store is the only one that...
  9. Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf

Microsoft windows store error 0x800704cf: Ive had this error for ages, trying to log in to my account on the windows store and any other windows product. It also says you'll need internet for this and i know im connected to the internet because im on youtube. I need help to try and fix this. I cannot reset my windows...
  10. Microsoft Store Error 0x80070005

Microsoft Store Error 0x80070005: Hi! I bought a game of Amazon which gave me a key to activate in the Microsoft store. And that worked well. However once I try to install the game, I am faced with "an unexpected problem" and the error 0x80070005, prompting me to try again later. I searched these forums...