Windows 10: Possible Hack

Discus and support Possible Hack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The villan who got through my security on my desk top wants $300.00 to fix the problem represented by the above screen shot. First, they locked my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DenisJodis, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Possible Hack

The villan who got through my security on my desk top wants $300.00 to fix the problem represented by the above screen shot. First, they locked my computer and gave me an onscreen tx to call to unlock it. After sending them[NTS IT CARE 844-659-9899 some money they unlocked my computer but told me my outside network was not working and had to be replaced otherwise I would be ransomwared again in the future. During this discussion with Ronnie the technician he showed me the above screen and said all the Microsoft Corporation files were “stopped” [Note: Scrolling Cofig Sys showed all Microsoft files as being Stopped}.Then told me I could call Microsoft and purchase and install software to turn on the Stopped files but this would not necessarily solve the security problem and would cost a lot of money.

The next pitch was to send them the code # from $300.00 worth of Steam cards which they would use to fix everything including my outside network vulnerability and restore all of the Stopped files to operation. Then, once they were sure that everything was OK, they would send me a check for $300.00 to refund me in full for the Steam cards I purchased.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Note Using 10 Pro

What can you tell about this situation. Am I being scammed. Is there a way I can fix my outside network security to protect my computer from screen locks etc.

What can I do to fix the Stopper file problem associated with MC files?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Denis F. Jodis

517 265-4415

:)

DenisJodis, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Possible Hack

Possible hack

I received a message when I signed on to my computer that I was possible hacked and personal information retrieved. Was given the following number to call 800-364-7125. Is this a scam?

PamelaPlunkett, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Possible Hack

1. Possible Hack - Similar Threads - Possible Hack

2. Possibly hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibly hacked: I got an email saying I logged in from the US. This is not correct. I don't have access to my authenticator app as my phone was stolen guess this is related to the login from the US as well I'm located in Budapest, Hungary. Cheers, Tor...
  3. Possibly hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibly hacked: I got an email saying I logged in from the US. This is not correct. I don't have access to my authenticator app as my phone was stolen guess this is related to the login from the US as well I'm located in Budapest, Hungary. Cheers, Tor...
  4. Possible hacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible hacking: Hi, I keep getting texts from microsoft with a verification code, 5 in the last 24hrs. I haven't signed into anything I'd normally get a verification code for and now I've had a phone call that I didn't answer, but when I looked up the number, it seems to be microsoft trying...
  5. Possible hacking

Possible hacking: Hi, I keep getting texts from microsoft with a verification code, 5 in the last 24hrs. I haven't signed into anything I'd normally get a verification code for and now I've had a phone call that I didn't answer, but when I looked up the number, it seems to be microsoft trying...
  6. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  7. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  8. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

9. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  10. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...