Windows 10: Possible Hack

Discus and support Possible Hack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The villan who got through my security on my desk top wants $300.00 to fix the problem represented by the above screen shot. First, they locked my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DenisJodis, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Possible Hack

The villan who got through my security on my desk top wants $300.00 to fix the problem represented by the above screen shot. First, they locked my computer and gave me an onscreen tx to call to unlock it. After sending them[NTS IT CARE 844-659-9899 some money they unlocked my computer but told me my outside network was not working and had to be replaced otherwise I would be ransomwared again in the future. During this discussion with Ronnie the technician he showed me the above screen and said all the Microsoft Corporation files were “stopped” [Note: Scrolling Cofig Sys showed all Microsoft files as being Stopped}.Then told me I could call Microsoft and purchase and install software to turn on the Stopped files but this would not necessarily solve the security problem and would cost a lot of money.

The next pitch was to send them the code # from $300.00 worth of Steam cards which they would use to fix everything including my outside network vulnerability and restore all of the Stopped files to operation. Then, once they were sure that everything was OK, they would send me a check for $300.00 to refund me in full for the Steam cards I purchased.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Note Using 10 Pro

What can you tell about this situation. Am I being scammed. Is there a way I can fix my outside network security to protect my computer from screen locks etc.

What can I do to fix the Stopper file problem associated with MC files?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Denis F. Jodis

517 265-4415

:)

DenisJodis, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Possible Hack

Possible hack

I received a message when I signed on to my computer that I was possible hacked and personal information retrieved. Was given the following number to call 800-364-7125. Is this a scam?

PamelaPlunkett, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Possible Hack

1. Possible Hack - Similar Threads - Possible Hack

2. hyper-V possible with multi screens ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hyper-V possible with multi screens ?: I tried to install hyper-V several times without succes , and big problems afterwards . Always screen of death . Now I have a new PC and would like to try again. But it seems that there was a problem with more than one screen , is that problem solved ?...
  3. Updating to Windows 10 version 1803 1809 freezes on the Windows logo upon reboot (possible...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 version 1803 1809 freezes on the Windows logo upon reboot (possible...: Can you not lock topics that are still relevant as this issue is not fixed, will attempt 1903 shorty to see if it is resolved (but unlikely) -- Old topic...
  4. Surface Pro 4 - Recovery not possible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 - Recovery not possible: Hello Community, Here's my problem: I have a Surface Pro 4 (i7,8gb ram, 256gb ssd) and experienced the well-known battery issue (battery was not loading when plugged in). I tried every possible solution i found, nothing worked. So my last hope was a fresh install using a...
  5. System Error possibly on Power Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Error possibly on Power Down: My PC seems to take a very long time to switch off. Plus I am seeing an error on the screen just before it shutdown. So exploring Event Viewer to try and track down these errors. I see the following Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  6. How is it possible that someone finds out my IP-Adress?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How is it possible that someone finds out my IP-Adress?: Yesterday I played with a friend of mine R6S, until we ran into two guys that randomly teamkills us. There Gamertags are „XxDEVIL KID“ and „dragonmonstergf“ these are important. So after they Teamkilled us i send them a message why they did it and they didnt have a reason...
  7. possible hack

possible hack: I have an online email claiming to have my contact list and compromised the anti-virus. I used Norton Power Eraser which found nothing. Should I ignore this problem? How can I be sure there is no Windows Defender compromise?...
  8. possible hack

possible hack: while shutting down my system a notification popped up-stated "someone else is using my computer and if I shut dowm all will be lost" I'm the only one who has access???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-hack/33613b3c-1903-4074-beb5-e2b6ed3c2d02"
  9. Possible hacking scams

Possible hacking scams: Just in the last couple of days, a laptop that my husband was using had several popups. One is one of the red screen alerts and another was an automated recording with a place to put your Microsoft user id and password. In the recording it kept saying that my laptop had a...
  10. Teamviewer Possibly Hacked

Teamviewer Possibly Hacked: TeamViewer denies hack after PCs hijacked, PayPal accounts drained Updated TeamViewer users say their computers were hijacked and bank accounts emptied all while the software company's systems mysteriously fell offline. TeamViewer denies it has been hacked. In the...