Windows 10: Possible hacked Microsoft email account

Discus and support Possible hacked Microsoft email account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Last week and again today I received an email from: Microsoft account team<[email protected]> Hi D####@f######l.com, We received your request for a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DriftyDonn, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Possible hacked Microsoft email account

Last week and again today I received an email from:

Microsoft account team<[email protected]>
    Hi D####@f######l.com,

We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

Your single-use code is: 911**** (I have no idea what this is?)

If you did not request a confirmation code, please go to https://account.live.com, and verify your account security settings and change your Microsoft account password.

Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

Last week I think I went to Settings=>Accounts=>email and accounts and clicked my account listed there, clicked manage and signed in and changed password. Please bear with me, my memory has cobwebs and I know I would normally do it this way. I MAY have clicked the link in the email Possible hacked Microsoft email account :)_(
    If I did click that link I should consider a helper when using PC-(I've been using PC's since mid 1980's.)
    As I recall, I had applied the Dec patch on 2January - prior to this, I had been logging in w/ microsoft account (didn't like it but...) post patch, login was local with admin privileges. Yea it seems to be getting worse.
    I only logged in to msf accounts once a month if that to empty spam,never use this account for anything- it is a 2ndary email for one or 2 gmail accnts that I never use ....so I didn't pay any more mind. I DID run a system scan w/ Bitdefender. No issues. BTW, I didn't have any contacts in tis account (nor the gmail)
    Today this email I received rang some bells. I think I should go to the email site the proper way and change PW again just in case? I hope this hasn't been too confusing but I am a bit concerned esp the more I recall my login is admin priv on local account.- still is.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Red-faced
    Don

win10 pro version 1909 (OS Bld 18363.1256

:)

DriftyDonn, Jan 7, 2021
  2. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Jan 7, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Possible hacked Microsoft email account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Possible hacked Microsoft email account

1. Possible hacked Microsoft email account - Similar Threads - Possible hacked Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  3. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed: Almost a year ago my microsoft account had the email changed and I have tried absolutely everything to recover it with no luck. Using the account recovery form will not work since the email was changed and when I enter my email, it says there is no account with that email....
  5. Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed: Almost a year ago my microsoft account had the email changed and I have tried absolutely everything to recover it with no luck. Using the account recovery form will not work since the email was changed and when I enter my email, it says there is no account with that email....
  6. Microsoft Account Hacked Email Changed

7. Account Email Hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Email Hacked: 2 Days ago, my email was compromised and the hacker was able to instantly change my email to his on my microsoft account and once I went to contact the microsoft account recovery about this they made me fill out a form to verify that it was my account. After they were able to...
  8. Account Email Hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Email Hacked: 2 Days ago, my email was compromised and the hacker was able to instantly change my email to his on my microsoft account and once I went to contact the microsoft account recovery about this they made me fill out a form to verify that it was my account. After they were able to...
  9. Account Email Hacked

10. Possible account hack - Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible account hack - Minecraft: Hi all,I think that there is someone using my email to log into Minecraft.I have just logged into Minecraft using a MS account trying to fix a issue for a child - I don't play it myself only to find a user name that I would never have chosen already exists for that login.Is...